Probe Forged Pistons: You want 'em? GB!

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Yup, you could even buy all 3 sets and it would be around the price of some of the other Forged pistons on the market, lol.

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
WOW MassSupra89 that's a damn good idea. I'd actually consider getting both a 020 and a 040 set. My only concern is compression...Are we completely and definately firm on the 8.4 value there Doward? Any small, tiny chance we could deviate on that? Say...8.7 - 8.8...??? That would be the forged pistons from heaven for myself!

Last edited:

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
Would it be possible to have the compression as a variable factor, i.e.: either two or three preset values (8.4 - 8.7 - 8.9 for example) or even just two, being just another "to order" feature for the perfect custom 7m pistons?
Or even if such thing would make things complicated for the GB, would it be possible to have the preffered compression for a certain extra fee (that I'm really willing to pay ;) )?

Last edited:

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
NO can do on this GB. We have to settle for 1 compression ratio - I'm wanting about stock compression, as I think Toyota really did their homework on that end (hence the higher compression of the N/A)

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
If I was positive on my block's bore I'd get that in a heartbeat. I'm sticking with that one set of the gb at the moment. Even if I won't use it in my motor it's money worth spending for future investment!

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
8.7:1 sounds pretty nice, right in the middle. A good compromise for those of use who are installing a 2.0mm stopper MHG, not because we need a thicker gasket after measuring all material removed from the block and head, but for the best seal a MHG can offer ;).

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
^^^^^^^^ and of course that kind of compression will liven things up a bit in preboost too, less lag. This is right in the middle of the pistons offered in the market so it would certainly cover that gap. And 8.7 - 8.8 is not insanely high and will still be realtively safe on 14-20 psi. If someone plans on running any higher than that then there are other pistons already available, right?

Last edited:

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
Doward does that mean that you approve the 8:7 - 8:8 suggestion? ;)
I think it was mentioned that the 040 set will be 8:68 after all, right? So that's not too far.

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
Doward said:
Yep. Ross are like 8.35:1 and Wiseco are 9:1

At 9:1 compression, and I'd buy them....I still may buy the wisecos for that purpose. Getting tuned on a standalone and race gas mixing for high boost spells crazy spool. Besides this was gennas formula for his beast.....got me chasing this setup as well.:naughty: DARE I be Different.:biglaugh:

westonboege

May 25, 2005
providence RI
I want in too... i jus blew a headgasket... good excuse to get some forged internals... just got graduated college and getting a real job... $$$

Is the gb over?