7)Born2drv
8)90T04
9)woodytsi
10)

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Doward
2) S turbo 87
3) zachm611
4) TobyCat
5) mark3monster
6)MassSupra89
7)Born2drv
8)90T04
9)woodytsi
10)bmoss85

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
1) Doward
2) S turbo 87
3) zachm611
4) TobyCat
5) mark3monster
6)MassSupra89
7)Born2drv
8)90T04
9)woodytsi
10)bmoss85
11)LilMissMkIII - pending shipping price to Aus :)

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Hell yes, guys (and gals ;)) this is what I'm talking about!

I'll be calling Eric back tomorrow, letting him know.

What are we wanting answered thus far?

Skirt length?
Tolerances required?
Weight (might be hard to tell, until it is made)?

Anything else?

John

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I would like to get an estimate on shipping costs to Sydney, Australia before i give my 100% backing to this... For $300 though, i don't see myself knocking this back unless the shipping is going to be ridiculously expensive :)

Supraguy88t

DFWSupras
Apr 5, 2005
Dallas, TX
the price quoted does not include rings ... rings are extra. I knew about this last summer ... they have had the pistons in their catalog since last summer but have not stepped up to make them. As far as I know they were only going to make standard and .20 over. From what I have been told the owner of Probe is related to the owner of Ross Pistons. So the piston's specs would be similar to that of Ross. The difference in price is due to the machinery that they use. The machines are newer and more efficient and do more at one time so less machine and human time are required. I tried to get a batch made last summer but to fit it into their production schedule I had a decide to invest $10K into pistons in about a week. So that didn't happen. Last time I called late last year they quoted me a higher price on the pistons and they had yet to make any.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
thought you were saven for a house

TobyCat said:
I would buy a set so long as I don't have to wait 8 months to get them like some other group buys. *cough*cams*cough*.

I was planning on doing a stock rebuild next winter anyways, and for ~300 bucks, I might as well put in some forged pistons.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Very interested pending price of piston rings and it has a relatively long skirt length, the weight's not that much of an issue, I'd prefer a little more meat to them myself ;).

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Supraguy88t: They have these in .50mm and 1.00mm oversize. (.020" and .040")

I'm going to find out about the rings today - I will point out, that the 1.2/2.8 rings are the same sizes used by Wiseco and JE, though I think Wiseco uses a 1.0mm top ring vs JE's 1.2mm. I'll see what we can find out ;)

NashMan: I am - the thing is, I never took into consideration what might happen if I were to sell off some of the extra parts I have. I'm thus far out $100, the price of the engine I just bought - I'm going to sell the block and head to recoup that price (and then a little more, lol, to fund the Supra further) - other than that, I've sold off more than enough to pay for the Eagle Rods, and swapping my 57 trim straight up for the PT67 (pretty good deal in my book ;))

I'm still getting my house. Well, as soon as I decide which house I want. Went and looked @ 4 more last night!

Anywho, I'll get back in touch with Eric today, and get more info!

TobyCat

Jul 14, 2006
Vancouver BC
I think he was buggin' me Doward ;)

Yup, still saving for a house, I just sell a few things here and there and next thing you know I've got some spare cash to build a motor with :)

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
@ 15 sets we've locked in a price of - $292.50/set of 6

If we hit 20 sets, price drops more. The more sets we make, the more the price drops (well, up until a point, lol)

AS FOR SPECS:

These pistons have not been made yet - WE CAN STILL CHANGE ANY SPECIFICATIONS WE WANT!

Slow66, Ian, Duane - everyone - we need to come up with our own specs!

What skirt length do we want?
What offset?
What ring pack?
How heavy?

Piston-Wall clearances, Eric tells me he runs about 3 thou, no problem.

If we stick with the 1.2/1.2/2.8 ring back, NPR makes them. We can change that to whatever we want.

THESE ARE NOT OFF THE SHELF PISTONS - NOT COPIES - THEY ARE COMPLETELY CUSTOM MADE FOR US.

Feedback. :) What do we want?

I'd like to aim for ~325 grams, run low friction 1.2/1.2/2.8 rings, long tapered skirts. Stock offset, stock compression height. -18.5cc dish (again, WE CAN DECIDE ON ANYTHING) - Stock wrist pin sizing.

Bore sizing is not a problem - we can get different bore sizes for this buy, with no price penalty.

Let's get the ideas flowing!

Cya

Aug 12, 2005
Columbia, S.C>
when is the money needed by? I have a few loosends to take care of but my motor is out and im in the market for some pistons.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
We need to first DECIDE what piston we want them to build - THEN we set up the GB. :) 6 weeks needed to build them - 2 months, at LEAST.