Probe Forged Pistons: You want 'em? GB!

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
IJ. said:
Mass: At a bare minimum it'll need honing so I'd be careful about this approach in case you end up building a rattle monster :(
(piston to bore needs to be quite tight with modern forged pistons and there's a chance you'll end up with too much clearence)

That's exactly what I'm thinking, which is why I think it's safe to just get the 20 over and bore it. I can't risk being a few thousands off when I just as easily could have gone bigger.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Yeah- What is the status of this group buy?
I've been sitting on a block(not literally), waiting to put it together, and I want to get an idea of when this might happen. If not reasonably soon, I'll have to go with my new cast pistons. Any info is appreciated.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I got ahold of Shawn again today - he told me they should have the solid model ready by the Friday past - that didn't happen, as he's telling me he's got a couple ideas he wants to run through computer models.

When I spoke with him today, he was putting the finishing touches on the proposed piston, and Eric's telling me Shawn should be emailing me the solid model tomorrow!

Trust me, nobody is more anxious than I to see what these look like! ;)

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Doward said:
I got ahold of Shawn again today - he told me they should have the solid model ready by the Friday past - that didn't happen, as he's telling me he's got a couple ideas he wants to run through computer models.

When I spoke with him today, he was putting the finishing touches on the proposed piston, and Eric's telling me Shawn should be emailing me the solid model tomorrow!

Trust me, nobody is more anxious than I to see what these look like! ;)

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!

:boobies:

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
We've got one more week in on this! Anybody wanting to get in, get in while the getting is good!

(I just really wanted to say that :D)