Preventative measures

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
I'd just like to note you guys that its been over 3 1/2 years since I replaced the engine in my lovely supra and its been running strong since. I just moved to Calgary, Alberta last week (Nov, 22/06) from Winnipeg, Manitoba. I decided to do the 1300km or so drive and take my baby with me. Every thing went great!!! infact even better than i thought. I calculated the gas milage and i was at about 28mpg on the HWY doing roughly 140km/h the entire drive that I did straight though.

I just want to put this out there to show most people who are having pondering the idea of selling their supra because of reliability issues. I know the senior memebers can vouch for me on this one, do your regular maintenence, if your replacing the engine or doing a rebuild dont take short cuts and just do it right....it will save soo many headached later on.

It almost hurts to see true loyal supra owners selling there cars to someone who doesnt know much about the type of car we drive. I'd hate to see the MKIII deminish do to this. :biglaugh:

-Dan

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
Good to know. I myself am contemplating getting another MK3 when I move back to the US next summer. So far though my current GA70 is running real good given that it's previous owner didnt really take care of it and now I am stuck kinda fixing his fuck-ups.

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
Suprastic said:
I'd just like to note you guys that its been over 3 1/2 years since I replaced the engine in my lovely supra and its been running strong since. I just moved to Calgary, Alberta last week (Nov, 22/06) from Winnipeg, Manitoba. I decided to do the 1300km or so drive and take my baby with me. Every thing went great!!! infact even better than i thought. I calculated the gas milage and i was at about 28mpg on the HWY doing roughly 140km/h the entire drive that I did straight though.

I just want to put this out there to show most people who are having pondering the idea of selling their supra because of reliability issues. I know the senior memebers can vouch for me on this one, do your regular maintenence, if your replacing the engine or doing a rebuild dont take short cuts and just do it right....it will save soo many headached later on.

It almost hurts to see true loyal supra owners selling there cars to someone who doesnt know much about the type of car we drive. I'd hate to see the MKIII deminish do to this. :biglaugh:

What more can be said...everytime I cut corners I had to redo something over.:biglaugh:

-Dan