Pressure testing a radiator

Jul 14, 2014
Sussex County
Hello supramania people. Recently my car has been being well a bit of a bitch. I got the car last year and it had some overheating issues not a problem. Last year while driving the water pump went, so I replaced it and it now this year I went up to a car meet at Pocono Raceway and while driving noticed that the temp gauge was higher than it should be, so now I'm not in a good mood and I'm thinking the head gasket is starting to go. My uncle suggested I pressure test the radiator before doing anything. Is there a specific cap that I'd need for a tester or is it just a standard cap. What general pressure should it hold too? I've never had to do this before.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The adapter will depend on the pressure tester you buy. Meaning there are tool kits that have several adapters that work on most vehicles.

Jul 14, 2014
Sussex County
Cool thanks. Now if the pressure is fine then it's safe to assume that th HG is starting to get fucked? Could I retorque it for now and just hope to god it holds bc I was planning of putting in a gte but don't have the money right now