Prernilongo's 1jz vvti build

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
The car started out as a 5 speed N/A then transitioned to a 1jz non vvti and now i'm trying to correct the nightmare ( 0.5 vvti) that i'm stuck with. Along the way i somehow managed to find the worst 1jz shops around southern California and at the time managed to find very talented tuners / nice and generous people from SoCal Supra community that are helping me to complete and correct this project. This community has been a great help and a wonderful learning resource. Here's some pictures of the engine bay. Sorry for poor picture quality (bad camera).

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
I'll update the build and post more pictures as soon as the project will start moving again and will include a detailed write up on whats been going on how it came together like this. In a mean time don't hesitate to ask anything if you have any interest in this build.

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
Oh wow thats awesome news, i wonder how much horsepower can be freed with AEM EMS on that engine. I know that on an 2jzge vvti from a Lexus up to 17hp can be found just by manipulating vvti air/fuel ratio at each 500rmp using camcon. Jose, is this AEM EMS uses map or stock MAF?

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
Pernilongo;1362769 said:
Oh wow thats awesome news, i wonder how much horsepower can be freed with AEM EMS on that engine. I know that on an 2jzge vvti from a Lexus up to 17hp can be found just by manipulating vvti air/fuel ratio at each 500rmp using camcon. Jose, is this AEM EMS uses map or stock MAF?

I uses MAP no AFM.

ganesht

Pupil
Jan 30, 2010
sd,CA
Pernilongo;1379970 said:
The car is alive. Drives like a dream. I love the VVTI, it makes a great difference from the regular tt engine.

are/did you use the stock ecu how hard was it to bypass the traction control stuff?