PPS? No powersteering at slow speeds

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
damn, ok my 1j project is complete, but the power steering doesnt really work a slow speeds, im guessing PPS isnt hooked up, is it just a plug or what, never really dealt with it before can someone help? thanks. itll be appreciated!

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
I cant really take a picture, no camera :( but I can describe best I can :) ok the male end of the plug is behind water pump, the wires coming out of the harness behind the water pump , are the alternator wire, the pps male wire, and some other wires that I forgot the names of, its by the hydro fan resevior also, its pretty easy to get to as long as the intake pipe is off the car, its a 2 pin plug, then the rack has the 2 pin female plug coming right out of it on the driver side, you want to extend it by splicing more wire into it or soldering whatever you prefer making it long enough to reach the male part, Im pretty sure you have it, I dont think ive heard of one not having one, it could be tuck up behind the water pump or something, o and another hint would be in front of the twin turbos, hope that helps lol

Thanks =) I actually have a 7M but I think I've been looking in the wrong place this whole time if Toyota wired them up similarly. I think I've actually seen the wire multiple times and wondered where it went... it's so far away from the rack plug that I just thought it wasn't possibly it.