Power window question

moonburn

Dec 26, 2010
OH
First, sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, but the electrical forum is closed.

I have full control of my driver's window, but I can only operate the passenger window by pressing "down." It does not matter which switch I use, only the "down" side works. My window was stuck open on a windy day for about 30 minutes until I tried reversing the wires and got it back up. Still, only the one side worked though.

Any suggestions?

Please let me know if I should be asking this question elsewhere. I have stared at TSRM wiring diagrams until I thought I was going blind, but to no avail.

Thanks!

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
well the motor seems to work so thats not the issue.

the switch is probably toast, or just bad contacts. if your brave you can pull it apart and clean the contacts, or try another switch.

moonburn

Dec 26, 2010
OH
88jspec;1662372 said:
Hey moonburn, i sent you some info from the Supra SOGI WEB site, i hope that helps G.L.

Got it. I'll take a look tomorrow after work, thanks!

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
Most of the time it would be the switches that are corroded/dirty, try fiddling with the passenger side switch and clean the contacts inside the switch, if that doesnt do it, then move on to the other switch on the drivers door.