power window problem please HELP

88mk3turbo

Jan 25, 2009
lynn mass
ive been looking all over the forum trying to find an anwer to my problem. i have an 88 supra. For a long time just the passenger wouldnt go up. it was intermitent. after a while it wouldnt go up or down and i put power to motor and got window up> now driver side is completly stuck up as well. i sprayed contact cleaner on my switches. didnt work. got 2 switches from a supra that windows did work and that didnt work. my gauge light work so i knows it not fuse and power seats still work so not relay right? any input would be helpfull thanks alot:: angry ::

86.5ny

Apr 26, 2010
OC, NY
make sure you put the working switches in, sounds like it could either be the driver switch or both. in my case i made the mistake of using the same old switch twice instead of replacing it with a new one. if you get power to roll the windows up and down by jumping the up/down pins to the connector than it has to be the switches. you can always check continuity in each switch by testing each switch off of the car up/down positions.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=094
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=96
(numbers correspond with diagram on connector in tewd)

driver side switch -
driver window: [1] blue and [6] green-yellow with switch in down positon, [1] blue and [2] red with switch in up position
passsenger window: (make sure lock switch is off) [1] blue and [4] blue-yellow with switch in down position, [1] blue and [3] blue-black with switch in up position

passenger side switch-
passenger window: [5] blue and [4] green-yellow and/or [3] blue-yellow and [4] green-yellow with switch in up position, [5] blue and [1] red and/or [2] blue-black and [1] red with switch in down position

i'd also test the continuity in the blue wire testing from passenger side to driver side as well as continuity in the green-yellow and red wires (motor) on both sides.

otherwise i don't see a problem unless you have another bad set of switches.