Power steering reservoir

Oppie1

I Love Money Pits
Sep 17, 2006
Albany, NY
www.ryanoppelt.com
I bought the PS reservoir that beech perf makes because I didn't have one with my shell and swap. Just wondering how and where people installed it. I can't seem to think of any good ideas at the moment.

Thanks!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Most any 1j power steering reservoir I've seen is kinda between the left side shock tower and the fuse box... kinda makes it a pain in the butt to change the oil unless you've relocated the filter though.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
te72;1631442 said:
Most any 1j power steering reservoir I've seen is kinda between the left side shock tower and the fuse box... kinda makes it a pain in the butt to change the oil unless you've relocated the filter though.

if one doesn't relocate, the K&N oil filter has a nut on the top allowing for much easier removal.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Dylan JZ;1631452 said:
if one doesn't relocate, the K&N oil filter has a nut on the top allowing for much easier removal.

I've always run Toyota filters out of habit, and have as such figured out a way to get a metal strap wrench in there pretty easily. Just need it to untorque it, but that's good info on the k&n, thanks man!

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
So oppie are you using AN to barbed adapters on your Beech tank or just running AN lines?

Also wanted to ask if you knew off the top of your head the hose diameter that goes from pump to reservoir? Is it 5/8" or 1/2"?

Last edited:

Oppie1

I Love Money Pits
Sep 17, 2006
Albany, NY
www.ryanoppelt.com
nctexan;1632194 said:
So oppie are you using AN to barbed adapters on your Beech tank or just running AN lines?

Also wanted to ask if you knew off the top of your head the hose diameter that goes from pump to reservoir? Is it 5/8" or 1/2"?

I actually haven't dove into the pump to res connections yet. I bought driftmotions line to go from feed on rack to pump. I had a SS line made locally for the return.
I believe this to be the correct fitting for the return, but I don't have it yet: http://www.pscmotorsports.com/-SF07-6JIC-x-17mm-1.5-I.F.-Return-Adapter-for-Toyota.html
Here is more info on the tank if you wanna check it out: http://beechperformance.com/html/toyota_products.html

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
I went with a Moroso aluminum tank meant for a mustang. hahaha you guys are gonna get a kick out of the pic once I get it posted, either that or flame me!! hah!

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
p1641120_1.jpg

Oppie1

I Love Money Pits
Sep 17, 2006
Albany, NY
www.ryanoppelt.com
Finally getting to the point where I need to tackle this. I'm mounting my PS res by the fusebox. I have it temporarily mocked up using the old 7m coil bracket with a piece of aluminum to secure it (pics to come). I'll have someone locally fab me up a legit bracket soon.

So, my problem is the bottom of the Beech Performance tank is a -8, which then has to go to the nipple on the PS pump, which I believe to be 5/8" (correct me if I'm wrong there). No -8 line will fit that without using some sort of adapter. Someone mentioned a -AN to barb adapter. I guess I'm going to need a 90 degree -8 an to a 5/8" barb adapter. Haven't started looking yet, but I'm guessing I won't find something like that.

I'm still new to this -AN and misc fitting, so if anyone knows how I can get around this, please post of suggestions!

BTW - The new Beech Performance tank features a -10 on the bottom to go to the pump, so that makes things a bit better. I really don't want to have to order another $78 PS res, though :icon_mad:

Thanks,
Ryan

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL

Oppie1

I Love Money Pits
Sep 17, 2006
Albany, NY
www.ryanoppelt.com
fstlane88;1744878 said:
If you have room, the easiest way would be a -8 an female to -10 an male adapter fitting on the bottom of the reservoir and then a -10 90* push lock fitting.

That type fitting will allow you to use virtually any rubber type hose from the bottom of the reservoir to the pump.

Links,

Adapter
http://www.racepartssolutions.com/proddetail.asp?prod=FRA4973

90* fitting
http://www.racepartssolutions.com/proddetail.asp?prod=FRA2090

HTH

Thanks for all of the info! This will def help me out a lot!