Power Steering Rack Line

Billybob9187

Mar 9, 2015
Stockton Ca
I have spent the last 30 mins googling this issue. My power steering line that runs to the rack and sits under the oil pan is leaking. It looks like I can just go to the auto parts store and get a replacement hard line and bend it into shape with a brake tool kit. Is there anything I need to be aware of before going into the store or when shopping for the part? I cant seem to find a new one online anywhere. I have attached a picture of the rack with an arrow pointing to the line in question.

36R0886_Primary.jpg

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Is it leaking from the rubber hose? If so, take it down to your local hydraulic hose repair shop and have them fix it. https://www.google.com/search?q=hyd...q=hydraulic+hose+repair+shop+near+stockton+ca
I imagine it would cost roughly $25. I had my local shop make me a steering hose for a mere $18.xx. Of course I put it under my company account, so I got a discount. Regular price would have been around $25.
If its leaking the hard line this I can imagine you could make one from hard line replacement stuff.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I've never removed that line from the rack before.
Never heard of it ever leak, though. I would imagine that it's a straight forward procedure to replace with fresh bent piping, though.
Just be sure of the threading size. I'm sure it's metric, and parts stores usually carry metric fuel line, so you should be good.