power steering pump question

SupraTrbo89

Sep 21, 2006
West Chester, PA
I noticed there is power steering fluid leaking off the bottom of the pump. I checked from the top and bottom and cannot see where it is leaking from. Can the pump itself actually leak or is it most likely a hose connecting to the top of the pump leaking down onto the pump. I will have to remove the accordian hose and power steering resevoir to get a real good look. Also, is there any way to tell by looking at your pump if you have Progressive Power Steering. I searched other threads on here and checked the TSRM, but was not able to tell.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
To tell if you have PPS, you look at the rack. It has an electrical solenoid on it.

The pump itself is unlikely to leak. It's probably the pressure hose connection, though a loose hose clamp might allow a drip from the feed tube.

SupraTrbo89

Sep 21, 2006
West Chester, PA
Dan_Gyoba;1965601 said:
To tell if you have PPS, you look at the rack. It has an electrical solenoid on it.

The pump itself is unlikely to leak. It's probably the pressure hose connection, though a loose hose clamp might allow a drip from the feed tube.

Thanks Dan...this is helpful