power steering lines

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
yea i would like to kno the routing for the power steering line. i ordered the dm ss line for the powersteering but when i looked at the length of it i realized that it doesnt do where i thought it would go...... so where does it run to????? i kno that its from the pump to the rack but where on the rack? i thought it replaced the hose on the passenger side of the rack with the banjo bolt that screwed into the old 7m pump....

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
There's no real routing...the 1jz ps pump is on the drivers side of the engine, and the 7m one was on the passenger side. So the 1jz hose from driftmotion is alot shorter than the original 7m one. It just connects on the rack where the original high pressure line from the 7m went in.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
JonoTurbo;895223 said:
There's no real routing...the 1jz ps pump is on the drivers side of the engine, and the 7m one was on the passenger side. So the 1jz hose from driftmotion is alot shorter than the original 7m one. It just connects on the rack where the original high pressure line from the 7m went in.

He is correct.

Connects to the pressure hose on the drive side then connects to the power steering pump. I will try to find a picture, i know i've seen one around.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
daneyan;895347 said:
it's part number 71445 at advance auto parts. bought one today.

Comes up as a PS hose for a Maxima...this really fits? If so then excellent info!

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
when sticking the PS hose on my 2jz from an mkiv supra it came off the pump did a U turn under the oil pan (there is even threaded parts where i used my old auto oil clamps to secure the line from the 1jz pan) and went straight to the rack like it was meant for the engine. i bought mine from autozone or advance auto for 50$ but because you have the 1jz make sure to ask for a picture you shouldnt want the one with the threaded hole on the line since 1jz's should have that on the pump itself (connects to two vac lines to before TB and after) if i was doing the 1jz swap though i would opt for the driftmotion braided line they are flexible enough to route it however you want just like the full clutch line.

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
tlo86;895438 said:
when sticking the PS hose on my 2jz from an mkiv supra it came off the pump did a U turn under the oil pan (there is even threaded parts where i used my old auto oil clamps to secure the line from the 1jz pan) and went straight to the rack like it was meant for the engine. i bought mine from autozone or advance auto for 50$ but because you have the 1jz make sure to ask for a picture you shouldnt want the one with the threaded hole on the line since 1jz's should have that on the pump itself (connects to two vac lines to before TB and after) if i was doing the 1jz swap though i would opt for the driftmotion braided line they are flexible enough to route it however you want just like the full clutch line.

i have the dm ps line, havent installed it yet but it seems to be kinda short.... we'll see when i put it in

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
#1StunnaVic;895458 said:
i have the dm ps line, havent installed it yet but it seems to be kinda short.... we'll see when i put it in

im sure it'll work fine must be a straight shot to the rack

suprashadowz

Mar 26, 2007
Midlothian
the motor still has the jzz30 lines on it. i know one is way too long (high pressure line). i just wanted to know if i can get rid of both the 7m lines all together including the p/s cooler line. For the ones on the motor i know i cant use the high pressure line and the low pressure line runs under the motor to the passenger side. i can get the DM p/s h/p line but what do i do about the low pressure and it look decent.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
suprashadowz;895522 said:
the motor still has the jzz30 lines on it. i know one is way too long (high pressure line). i just wanted to know if i can get rid of both the 7m lines all together including the p/s cooler line. For the ones on the motor i know i cant use the high pressure line and the low pressure line runs under the motor to the passenger side. i can get the DM p/s h/p line but what do i do about the low pressure and it look decent.

remove everything there is that hard line but you just simply remove it and stick a rubber hose on the rubber side which is right next to where the high pressure line bolts into the rack and then its up to you if you want to stick it to a cooler or right to the resovoir

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
tlo86;895472 said:
im sure it'll work fine must be a straight shot to the rack

i've suddenly become very confused..... so from what im understanding the dm ps line is not too short because it shoots straight from the ps pump (on the driverside) to the rack where the old 7m high pressure line used to be (which is also on the driverside.) now if this is correct then i have another question..... on the passenger side of the rack i have 3 lines for the powersteering which i have to account for, 2 are from the old 7m ps cooler, i have the 1j ps cooler to replace the old 7m ps cooler. the 1j ps cooler will have an opening on the driverside going to the ps reservior and an opening on the passenger side to go to a ps line which i assume is leading to the rack. i can account for these 2 lines but there is a 3rd line on the passenger side for the powersteering with a banjo fitting on it. i thought this line runs to the rack connecting on the passenger side and the dm ps line was suppose to thread into it on the passenger side. thats y when i got my dm line ithought it was too short... what is this line then with the banjo fitting on it on the passenger side and what do i do with it??? i could swear that this line connects to the rack on the passenger side. but im starting to think that i saw wrong... only thing that would make sense to me is what i saw wasnt the line connected to the rack but simply anchored there with a screw ( like how the 1j ps line is anchored to the bottom of the block) to keep it from moving around and the line just ran back to the driver side of the car.
ahhh!!! im so confused!!! im gonna stop writing now this post is getting too long and i dont wanna confuse anyone else with it.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
#1StunnaVic;896568 said:
i've suddenly become very confused..... so from what im understanding the dm ps line is not too short because it shoots straight from the ps pump (on the driverside) to the rack where the old 7m high pressure line used to be (which is also on the driverside.) now if this is correct then i have another question..... on the passenger side of the rack i have 3 lines for the powersteering which i have to account for, 2 are from the old 7m ps cooler, i have the 1j ps cooler to replace the old 7m ps cooler. the 1j ps cooler will have an opening on the driverside going to the ps reservior and an opening on the passenger side to go to a ps line which i assume is leading to the rack. i can account for these 2 lines but there is a 3rd line on the passenger side for the powersteering with a banjo fitting on it. i thought this line runs to the rack connecting on the passenger side and the dm ps line was suppose to thread into it on the passenger side. thats y when i got my dm line ithought it was too short... what is this line then with the banjo fitting on it on the passenger side and what do i do with it??? i could swear that this line connects to the rack on the passenger side. but im starting to think that i saw wrong... only thing that would make sense to me is what i saw wasnt the line connected to the rack but simply anchored there with a screw ( like how the 1j ps line is anchored to the bottom of the block) to keep it from moving around and the line just ran back to the driver side of the car.
ahhh!!! im so confused!!! im gonna stop writing now this post is getting too long and i dont wanna confuse anyone else with it.

2 of the lines are for the cooler one should run right to the other, remove these.

the other line goes right to where i was talking about remove that to the point you stick the line on.

the high pressure line connects to the pump (no banjo involed it replaces it) and goes to the rack where there is also no banjo involved anymore

then you take the resovoir mount it somewhere near the pump and connect a 1 inch or so low pressure line from it to the resovoir and the smaller low pressure line connects from the resovoir to whatever cooler you choose and back to the rack