Power Steering Help

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
Hey Guys,
I finally got my car running and now its on to getting the little things finished. So i have done some searching on the forums and google but i can't seem to find what i'm looking for.

I have the power steering adapter hose from driftmotion. I don't have the serpentine belt(whats the part number or what a direct replacement?) Unfortunately i don't have the tensioner pulley(Anyone know where i can get one?).

Basically i have no idea where the PS adapter connects to or goes? I also have no idea where any other tubes are supposed to connect to both the car and the PS pump. Can someone please post pictures or a diagram of what goes where and what i will need? Or if someone knows of a guide that exists already? lol if i could read japanese i would just read the TSRM but oh well i guess....lol

Thanx in advance

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
look at the mkiv's tsrm the torque specs are the same from what i have looked up.

p/s bolts to the block right above the a/c compressor

Ds650rida

Mar 19, 2007
Jersey
www.myspace.com
wow i had the same question haha...also, will the 7m power steering ressy work with the jz pump?

i think he's asking where all the lines go to and from the pump itself, not where the pump goes on the block.

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
The DM line goes from the high pressure line-out on the pump to the line-in on the steering rack. If your standing in front of your car looking at your rack (hehe) the line-in is the top left of the 4 lines on the rack.

The other line (top right iirc) coming out of the rack goes to your reservoir.

Then just hook up your Feed line from the reservoir to the pump. If your making your own hose, be aware this line has negative pressure.

Sorry I cant get to my car atm, so I cant get pics for ya. If your running a PS cooler I think it goes from the Line-out on the rack, through the cooler, to your reservoir. I lol'ed at the stock cooler when I pulled mine off. I will be putting a cooler in line soon later, but I have bigger fish to fry atm.

Ds650rida

Mar 19, 2007
Jersey
www.myspace.com
p794551_1.jpg

The green line = the line that you will be replacing (the silver hardline as opposed to the black)
The blue line = the about destination of the 1jz line.

Ds650rida

Mar 19, 2007
Jersey
www.myspace.com
and what is up with the power steering line going all the way to the front of the car?

p794555_1.jpg

i know that the destination is to recirculate back into the reservoir but is it necessary to have all that line? what do people use for 1jz setups?

And what is the deal with the vaccum lines coming off the ps pump fluid line on the 1j? can they just be bypassed and plugged off?

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
That is the stock 7M powersteering cooler. It doesn't go to the other side of the engine compartment like it needs to on the 1JZ. I'm using that for the Hydrofan cooler and installing a new cooler for the powersteering.

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
Ds650rida said:
does anybody know anything about the vaccum lines off of the power steering line on the 1j?

One comes from before the throttle body, and the other goes to the intake manifold right?

I believe the function there is to idle-up when you use your PS at idle.

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
Freshmaker said:
One comes from before the throttle body, and the other goes to the intake manifold right?

I believe the function there is to idle-up when you use your PS at idle.

ahhh, kinda makes sense

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Kosh said:
Unfortunately i don't have the tensioner pulley(Anyone know where i can get one?).
I'm 99% sure I have a 1JZ tensioner in my attic. I took it off and put a 2JZ one on my car, and I'm pretty sure I kept the old one.

$40, and I'll ship it out to you. Or you can pick it up personally for $20 if you ever come down to Calgary.

As for the vacuum lines on the PS pump, you guys are correct, it's a PS idle up. One side connects just before the TB, the other to the intake manifold.

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
annoyingrob said:
I'm 99% sure I have a 1JZ tensioner in my attic. I took it off and put a 2JZ one on my car, and I'm pretty sure I kept the old one.

$40, and I'll ship it out to you. Or you can pick it up personally for $20 if you ever come down to Calgary.

Sweet! too bad i dun plan on going down to calgary anytime soon and i'm not spending 100$ in gas to do so...lol...we'll see about that though. i for sure want it i'm just kinda working out a deal with someone else right now but if that falls through i'll let you know.

You mentioned you switched to the 2jz pulley? Whats the benefit? And how much did you pay for it? I should be able to get it from the dealership hey?

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
When you install the driftmotion line, you have to take that idle up valve and it's attached bracket off the 1JZ pump...then take off the Idle up valve (the vacuume thing) and put it on the extra input on the 2JZ P/S line in the same orientation that it was in on the 1JZ setup. I had a hell of a time figuring this one out too...so don't feel bad. :D

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
Troyota said:
When you install the driftmotion line, you have to take that idle up valve and it's attached bracket off the 1JZ pump...then take off the Idle up valve (the vacuume thing) and put it on the extra input on the 2JZ P/S line in the same orientation that it was in on the 1JZ setup. I had a hell of a time figuring this one out too...so don't feel bad. :D

I think we could use some pictures of this cause i'm not following to well...lol

It would be great even if you could just show a diagram of the before and after...

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
Troyota said:

You took your idle up valve off? I just removed the banjo fitting/bolt, then screwed in the DM line.