Power Steering doesnt work

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
Hi guys, My car had a small leak from the power steering, kept my eye on fluid level and it was fine.
Drop my car off at body shop to get windshield put in. Next day go to pick up car and the power steering
isnt working, kinda pissed. Guess i can be blamed for it, but i still felt like they took some part in it. Get car home change pump and same shit no ps. Me and my dad try few things like check vacuum, take fluid out and see its possibly clogged. While we had the fluid out we wanted to try to see if it would go. For what ever reason it works fine w/o fluid but screechs with fluid it goes back to feeling like it has no ps. Any ideas of why it could be doing this, maybe rack? Thanks for any suggestions and or ideas! =)

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
I work at toyota, only on saturdays...so ill ask some one with far more knowledge then me about it there. I was hoping maybe some one can help me out otherwise i have to ride my bike to work =(. Thanks for the offer thoe bro

Victor Charlie

Supramania Contributor
Aug 18, 2009
Ann Arbor
Depends on what you mean by "not working", can't turn the wheels at all, or stiffer with fluid than without. Check belt tension, easiest thing to be altered in the body shop, then try bleeding air from the system by turning to the stops in each direction and holding for 10 seconds, repeating at least 4 times. I guess misconnecting the hoses to the PS unit could do this, but It seems they are all designed so they won't fit in the wrong places.

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
Great news guys, I found the promblem! Theres a filter inside of the ps resovoir, that was clogged not allowing fluid to pass through. Took it out and everythings workin great.