Power steering 1jz swap

MKonmac

May 2, 2009
Salem, Oregon, United States
I understand about putting the new high pressure line(replacing the line with arrows)
p1432448_1.jpg

Also that this line goes to the power steering cooler
p1432448_2.jpg

But where does the other end of this power steering cooler line run to?
p1432448_3.jpg

anything of your help would help me lots thanks!

Matt

pictures help a lot!
and yes I have done research lol :sarcasm:

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
The other end of the cooler connects to the return line on the rack. It's the other hose coming out of it in the first picture you have.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
res to pump, pump to rack, rack to cooler, cooler to res.

I would suggest you get the SS PS line from driftmotion.
When you get that you'll run the thicker hose from the res into the PS pump.
Then run the SS PS line from Driftmotion from the pump to the rack.
Then from the rack, it'll go under the engine through the hose in the first pic with the red arrows.
From the cooler, it'll run back into the res.
You won't need the other line on the rack. That goes from the 7m pump which is on the left side of the engine. So you can take that line out and sell it or throw it out.

Last edited:

MKonmac

May 2, 2009
supra1008;1432503 said:
res to pump, pump to rack, rack to cooler, cooler to res.

I would suggest you get the SS PS line from driftmotion.
When you get that you'll run the thicker hose from the res into the PS pump.
Then run the SS PS line from Driftmotion from the pump to the rack.
Then from the rack, it'll go under the engine through the hose in the first pic with the red arrows.
From the cooler, it'll run back into the res.
You won't need the other line on the rack. That goes from the 7m pump which is on the left side of the engine. So you can take that line out and sell it or throw it out.

Can u post some pictures please.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
I've got no pictures for you, but yes, the one with the green arrow is the rack return line, where you'd connect the other end of the cooler.

If you want a cheaper alternative to the Driftmotion pressure line I recommend one for a 94 Maxima, costs about $30 from Autozone and works & fits great.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
JonoTurbo;1432617 said:
If you want a cheaper alternative to the Driftmotion pressure line I recommend one for a 94 Maxima, costs about $30 from Autozone and works & fits great.

I wish I knew that before!:nono: eh. oh well only 30 bucks more lol!

MKonmac

May 2, 2009
JonoTurbo;1432617 said:
I've got no pictures for you, but yes, the one with the green arrow is the rack return line, where you'd connect the other end of the cooler.

Is the mazda one a direct screw in like driftmotion or does it use banjo fitting and banjo bolts like stock? just wondering before i go and pick it up and it doesnt look right

thanks for all your help!!
Matt'!~

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
MKonmac;1433383 said:
Is the mazda one a direct screw in like driftmotion or does it use banjo fitting and banjo bolts like stock? just wondering before i go and pick it up and it doesnt look right

thanks for all your help!!
Matt'!~

The Nissan hose uses banjo fittings like stock, and should come with crush washers.

-Jon