Power Loss after backsway

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedootie

Camel Jockey
May 16, 2005
Vernon Hills, IL
So yesterday, it was 78 degrees outside, targa top down, brand new tires, had 2 friends with me, I decided to act a fool, and as i was making a right turn, dropped tha clutch and backswayed 4-5 times in tha opposite directions, then whipped it back in2 position, and gunned it, and the car bogged. there was a very large hesitation, where u can hear tha turbo spooling, but no power...untill i came to the next light. 2-3 lights (city driving so every light is 500 ft or so from eachother). at tha fourth light, it stopped doing it and worked fine. WTF!? the car does it everytime i'm done getting backsway...if i go sideways, it will bog after, but if i gun it insane-o style all day, i dont seem to ever have this problem.
n e ideas?
thanx

88SupraTurbo

Apr 17, 2005
could possibly be caused by your gas sloshing around in the tank and then your engine is getting a bit of air in with the gas... that will definatly cause some bogging.

vanman

May 22, 2005
Fayetteville, AR
yeah, that was what I was going to say. Try it again with a full tank of gas and see what happens, it shouldnt do it if fuel slosh is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.