Power being drained

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I have a 90 2J swapped mk3, and we had just changed the power steering pump when this problem started. We changed the pump Sunday afternoon, and the car made it maybe 15 miles before the charge started running out. The stereo went out first, then my AVCR, and finally the clock. I made it home, and checked on some things. Nothing was unplugged, no fuses were blown. Monday morning I figured the alternator was blown so I swapped it out with another one from a known running motor. Battery was so dead I tried to charge it and nothing. So I had it checked and found there was a dead cell in it. I bought a new battery and it ran fine. I went to school, and on the way home 2 hours later, it died the exact same way as the last one. We started it this morning and it read 12v when we cranked it, then it dropped to 10v within a second or two, and then started steadily dropping. I turned the car off at 9.6v.

So far here is what has been changed and checked.
New battery
alternator
alt fuse
the wire from alt to fuse box to battery, reads 0.00 ohms so I know that is good.
no blown fuses that I can find. I am out of ideas and need this car running asap.

Please feel free to text me ideas since I won't be sitting on here waiting for answers. I will either be at work or under the hood trying to finger it. lol. 931-538-5754