post a picture of ur supra key =)

SoupedUpSupra

The guy.
Mar 31, 2005
Sonoma County, Norcal
born2drv said:
keys.sized.jpg

My Marksman Alarm + Pager + Auto Start
My "INVR LUZ" custom license plate plate (I have the same thing on my car)
And my TRD Key (one of those ebay ones) ....

Note that my locksmith had to cut the grooves longer because the key did not go in all the way, so be wary of that when buying one of those ebay keys, you might need to spend $10 or so to get a locksmith to cut it. I have to get it re-chromed too since it's copper underneath and it's discolored now.

haha yeah i had to do the same thing, but the locksmith was an ass so i had to cut the grooves myself with a dremel.

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
meagainstheworld said:
that TRD key is kinda sweet. I've been browsin ebay, but can't find one. Cool though.

if you find another TRD key but for another year, it's the same guy... just email him, he will put it up for sale and email you with the ebay link.

but DON"T bid higher then the minimum bid, if you get outbid don't sweat it.... the guy will offer every single person a second chance offer at their max bid price....

so the sucker that bought it for $20 pays $20 and you pay $12 or whatever (plus shipping), i don't remember LOL but i got it for the lowest price.

89TMKiii

Jan 31, 2006
Oakland
Bullz_EyE said:
Why do you want pix of "custom" keys? I don't know anyone that has a "custom" key. :squint:

my brother has a custom wrx key..and i've seen other people with them as well..i dont like the original key..the top part

SupraManiac

Sep 17, 2005
P.A. Texas
i just ask them for a master key and they got one and made one right there and just pay them but they have to use your old key. my old key i can take it out of the ignition while the car was on but my new key i cant anymore. somehow the laser cut made the key different than just copying it.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
I like that option of the key coming out while its on. If i lose that i'll lose the shock value of "OMG YOUR KEY ISNT IN THE IGNITION!!!" People just arent used to things like that.

SupraE1jz

CLASS OF 06
Feb 25, 2006
Perris,CA
dcrusupra87 said:
I like that option of the key coming out while its on. If i lose that i'll lose the shock value of "OMG YOUR KEY ISNT IN THE IGNITION!!!" People just arent used to things like that.

HAHA, exactly what all my friends would say when i take out the keys.

amd_hcds

Dec 20, 2005
Chicago,IL
greg88 said:
That's a really nice key! I'm guessing it's for your Supra, but what did it originally come from?
QUOTE]

Yeah it is for my Supra and I think it's originally some right-handed Toyota Chaser? I found a blank key in a car and made a local key-duplicator shop make it fit on my supra

MK3less

Money eating monster
Jun 3, 2005
Mass
dcrusupra87 said:

so thats a common thing I see. I know i freeked out a little when i pulled out my key and the car was on the run position.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
The parts dept. at one of the local dealers has a display of several different keys and a list under them stating which keys will fit which cars.... I just keep forgetting to get one while I'm there. Kinda odd but whenever I'm there I'm generally more concerned about getting my car running again.:nono: