Possibly Trading IS300 for 1jzVVTi SC300

Justin727

T-virus infected
I was kicking around the Idea of trading my IS300 for a 1j VVTi Sc300 R154 car.

I love my IS but I would prefer something 2 door and 5 speed of course. I've also always loved the SC's. I guess what I'm asking is... Does anyone have anything good to say about the VVTi 1j as opposed to the regular 1j? I know they're generally harder to get parts for (Aftermarket wise) and a pain to tune because of the VVTi. How much sooner does it come into boost then the TT?

Discuss please. Yes I've searched but nothing much has come up in my search terms..

Justin727

T-virus infected
A jay thank you but there are 3 things that I'm not looking for.

The first link you posted doesn't answer my question but tells me something I already know and halfway posted. I'm looking for real world comparisons. Now being it 2011 almost 12 not 2005 when people were just talking about it (the VVTi).

I'll have to try google out on my home computer. Usually once Im home I have no time because thats family time etc. My work computer blocks google so thats out of the question.

Posting in that sub forum would probably be a good idea but then again it wouldn't fit because eventually discussion will be about the car itself not just the engine.

Thank you for your help though and please don't take this as me being a jerk. Thanks again

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Check with Jose of Kaizen, he knows a good deal about the VVTI motors.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
After seeing a swapped '99 SC300 at TX2K11 this year I was in love. I contacted the guy on clublexus and he told me what all was involved with the swap. I briefly considered doing the same swap on my 2000 SC but decided against it, only because I can spend the money better elsewhere. He advised the biggest problem was finding a stock downpipe. He had to have one shipped from New Zealand. Oh, and he said he had to give up cruise control. 98+ SC3 are "drive by wire" so there is no mechanic cruise actuator.

I'd say go for it. I can try to find that guy on CL again for you if you'd like. He was a wealth of information.

**EDIT**

Here's the thread I started when I was looking for the owner.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-400-300/562548-whos-is-it.html

Justin727

T-virus infected
Funny you linked it lol because I stumbled across that same thread!! I was talking to a guy in Austin that had a really nicely swapped non vvti and we were going to trade straight up.. But he got a cash offer he couldn't refuse and I don't blame him. Then there's the vvti in Florida. Not nearly as clean and of course its green too :( that I was going to trade with. I think I may just wait for a minute until another comes up for sale.