possibly lost a line i need?

Late

Feb 22, 2011
Appleton, WI
working on putting my engine back together right now and got the intake manifold back on but it seems im missing a hose i believe, the picture shows where nothing is plugged in and my friend had taken apart the intake side so im not sure if it might have been missing in the first place but seems like a part that should be there. as for the pipe that goes down i cant find anything to plug into that can anybody clear up what goes there?

BLz6g.png

Late

Feb 22, 2011
Appleton, WI
its very hard to get the actual picture seeing as its under everything, but ill do my best

i know these two things connect, just unsure where my damn hose went or if it had always been missing?

IFfRl.jpg

4c2zm.jpg

but this guy no idea what goes to this

N0tJN.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You are missing a cooling line. It goes from the bottom of the throttle body to the ISCV valve. I just looked at the TSRM pick and followed it.

You can get coolant hoses, not sure on the size and make the piece. A 90 degree hose would work there but you would need both sides to be long to cut it to fit.

Late

Feb 22, 2011
Appleton, WI
im sure its in my garage somewhere and will show up, i knew those two things connected just was unsure if it was unnecessary and the engine may have been missing it in the first place.

i cant find anything in the tsrm about the other piece missing

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
To avoid those cooling lines, you can bypass them.

Run a coolant hose from the nipple on brass pipe that runs around the block to the nipple on the lower runners on the intake manifold and you will be able to bypass those coolant lines on the throttle body and ISCV.

Those lines are there to help your throttle body and ISCV not to freeze up and since you are in WI, you should run them unless your car is parked in a garage.

Late

Feb 22, 2011
Appleton, WI
looking at this picture, i also do not have the hose coming in so it must be bypassed. is that what the other hose im missing is for as well? it appears to be, thanks for the help i was going crazy lol
coolant_flush_1h.gif

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Make sure it is bypassed how I told you. A lot of idiot owners use a hose and a bolt on the end trick and that is not good. It should be looped how I stated if you want to bypass it.

Late

Feb 22, 2011
Appleton, WI
i looked and the line comes out under pipe two of the intake manifold and goes up and over and down and comes back out the intake manifold to a line that goes into the main line around the block. ill get a picture

look right?
nTopK.jpg

id0Fj.jpg

Ae1v4.jpg