Possible brake upgrades

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
Ok so I am looking to upgrade my brakes on my car, I seen the post about the evo brembos and did some looking around. I haven't really seen a whole lot of upgrades though that everyone seemed to like. I am kinda on a budget with it but what I'm getting at is, does anyone have any ideas I can look more into or whatever. Any info to point me in a good direction would be great.

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
Ok thanks, I will check into those. Has anyone done anything or know anything about the ls400 calipers, cause all I have read about them has been negative but want more thoughts on them.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You could make your own 13in bbk. Using wilwood blank rotors and 4 piston calipers and then make a bracket or mock one and have a machine shop make it.

Roommate did that on his 240.

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
What calipers would be suggested though? Cause I read the evo 8 amd sti rotors work but then I am left with nothing in the front. Has anyone used cobra calipers, like I have read. Or should I not even really bother with that?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
OP, what is your intended use of this car? If you're on a budget and all you're using it for is a daily driver with the occasional pull, may I recommend looking into an upgraded pad and possibly new lines to start? I really liked the Porterfield R4S pads, but they wouldn't be great on a track car. ;)

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Wilwood. That's why you would have to make your own brackets.

Anything that is bolt on is expensive.

From what I have heard is that most people with the cobra kits wish they just spent more for the arz kit.

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
Noted hvyman thanks for the input. Te72 right now it's a cruiser but hopefully next year I will be putting down some decent numbers and I have been tossing the idea around of trying autocross, maybe.