Possible BHG???

Aug 15, 2008
Navan, Ontario
Hey guys, i have a minor problem as of right now, but could get bigger in weeks/months.

Today i just installed a MAF adaptor with a Vibrant Air filter on my 7mge. After installing it, i had the car running and was giving it little shots to here the suction on the intake (not a big deal). I left the car running in the driveway and went inside to go wash my hands before taking the car out for a test drive to grab a coffee. When i come back outside, the car sounds like its "missing", and there's white smoke coming out of the exhaust. Now the intake is not the reason for this as it had been "missing" on/off every once in a while before today. Could this be BHG? Also, every week i tend to have to add a bit more coolant/water to the rad because it mysteriously disappears somewhere ( I have no leaks what so ever underneath the car. AND i just replace the radiator)
I have a feeling the coolant is being burnt off in the cumbustion chamber because of BHG, so that would explain my loss of coolant.

Any help would be appreciated

carfanatic89

May 21, 2008
Texas
sounds like a BHG to me. the smoke should smell somewhat like coolant and look like steam. When my HG blew it just blew all the coolant out the overflow tank and started overheating.

carfanatic89

May 21, 2008
Texas
it could just be a small leak over time the hole will get bigger, mine didn't blow out the overflow at first. I just drove mine till the water started fowling a plug and overheating. it took about 3 weeks.