Possibitlity

Suprasonic19

2JZ no sh*t!
Mar 5, 2007
Stockton, CA
Hi there guys. So I have been a member for awhile and decided to introduce myself.I have always loved MKIII supras just never really thought about owning one. SO I joined here to learn more about them. Well my grandpa has an 86 MKIII turbo. Its white with blue interior and has the auto tranny. It has been garage kept and car covered its entire life. They bought it new back in 86 from a dealer. Its always been serviced by toyota dealers and it only has 93,xxx miles. So you can imagine this car is dang clean. Well I he might be giving it to me soon. So If I do get it, you can bet I'll be spending alot more time on here.

Alex

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
Damn 93,000 miles is bad ass too bad its an N/A what are your plans for it if you get it?

EDIT just read you said 86 turbo? in 86 they didn't come turbo you sure its not an 87.

Suprasonic19

2JZ no sh*t!
Mar 5, 2007
Stockton, CA
Ya my bad. Its an 87. Thanks for the correction. Well as for plans, i would just like to do bolt-on mods. I don't wanna go crazy with it. I am the kinda guy that truely enjoys a machine. So for me, if it feels good as is then Ill leave it so until it just doesn't satisfiy me anymore. Which could take awile. Lol.

EDIT: Did all MKIII's come in targa?

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
Nope there's hardtops, and some sun roofs. Make sure the head gasket has been changed and torqued to the correct spec that would be the first thing I'd look into.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
lol. I hope you get the supra, I'd love you be in your situation because as I mentioned on this site before, I want to get an 87 turbo targo next :p

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
supradan22;927160 said:
Damn 93,000 miles is bad ass too bad its an N/A what are your plans for it if you get it?

lol @ the n/a comment.

Next thing you know he'll try to go turbo asap and run into problems then eventually go broke. I'm not saying turbos are unreliable, I'm just saying without spending money on maintenance it will catch up to you in the future. Don't make the mistake that many supra owners do and try to do some basic maintenance before you go mod-crazy.

Also, welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay.

Suprasonic19

2JZ no sh*t!
Mar 5, 2007
Stockton, CA
Well thanks for the warm welcomes guys. I do plan on treating this car with utmost respect. I finally have a chance to get a practically new car and I don't want to screw it up. So basic maintenance and system checks will all be perfromed before making any mods. And I will get pictures as soon as possible. Its just kinda hard when the car is 300 miles away. Lol.