Portal Overanalyzed

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
That picture of COD4 looks wrong? I have COD4 and do not remember that hud or that gun.....No i didnt read the article, im packing stuff to go back to my house in the country.....fk

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Would that guy feel better if instead of grenades, characters hurled exploding dildos? Or if instead of health packs strewn around, you could attain more life by finding a box of tissue, hiding around a corner, and crying for a few moments while you are rejuvenated.

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
I do enjoy how he goes and suggests EVERY female character ever was made into a sex object.

Perfect Dark and PDZ, female lead fps, the only time you ever saw her was during the cut scenes otherwise looked just like Goldeneye.

Tenchu, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Eternal Darkness, Jade (Beyond Good and Evil), KOTOR all games with main female characters who are not exploited.
Samus of Metriod, I mean she is walking around in a full suit of armor, yea that's real sexy.
I'm sure Princess Peach is the epitome of erotica in that big pink dress.
There was also some older computer fps that had a female protagonist and was set in the 60's or 70's or something.

I just find his whole premise ridiculous. I mean even in Half Life 2 Alyx was treated just like everyone else not some babe for everyone to drool over.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
The Portal Gun creates connections rather than destroying life. It is through innovative placement of these connections, or portals, that goals are achieved or enemies overcome. A psychoanalytic reading would likely conclude that the portal is an image of the female sex organs: oval and receptive, and also a metaphorical birth canal through which the protagonist is constantly being born into new trials.

:umno:

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Clearly written by a castrated feminist with a lot of time on his hands. He must not be overburdened by the constant hunt for anything oval and receptive. This guy needs to learn that sometime the sword IS mightier than the pen.