POOR MAN'S electric fans?

Booner7M

Sleepy bitch
Apr 9, 2005
Quebec City
www.7MPOWER.COM
hey guys, I was just wondering if there were any electric fans from any other car that can fit a 1990 supra?

I think I heard about the dual electric fans from chevy corsica but im not quite sure about the year...

Thnx!!

Boostedstr8six

I have better SA than you
Mar 30, 2005
Near Columbia, the river
There are plenty. It pretty much just has to fit the radiator. I used to run a non-descript GM fan that I pulled from some mid 80s v6 GM sedan. It lasted two years w/o issue (a year in the CA high desert). I'm thinking of looking into a Taurus fan setup that I've read a little about from a 4x4 forum. There have been issues with some of the aftermarket e-fans. There are lot's of options, it just takes a bit of using the search function to help you decide. IMO, the factory fan/shroud/engine under-cover setup is the best bet though.

B

boostedj

Not so good for power though. I have used several GM/ford elec. fans on many of mine and my buddies old school V8 stuff and never had an issue with any of them. Just go to a junkyard and start looking and measuring.

macsupra76

May 17, 2005
Calgary AB
yeah taurus fans are great a buddy used them on his 22re tacoma, there great and cheap, i think he picked them up for $15 cnd

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
I'm using a dual fan setup from a subaru. They're low profile (thin), quiet, reliable and pull a ton of air. I've got one set thermostatically and the other on a toggle switch. Frankly, they seem to be of higher quality than any of the aftermarket electric fans I've seen. Cost me $40.00 and they kick A%#. Three words... pick ur part.