Polishing question

johnnyddn

Jul 16, 2006
Las Vegas
I'm polishing some parts on my car and had a questions on how you guys sand parts that are difficult to get reach. I normally use a flap or nylon wheel but some parts such as on brackets the bends are too tight to get the wheels in. I tried sanding by hand but even that is really difficult on some of the brackets.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
chances are, if you actually cant get it by hand, you're not going to see it anyways... the only thing I used that made it faster was one of those small grinding stone attachments on a dremel. then once I got it relatively smooth, id do the rest by hand.

Jon

NA86.5

NA-T Complete Yo
Jan 20, 2006
Alice Tx
What parts do you guys polish so that I can get a idea and maybe start polshing some of my engine bay.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
NA86.5 said:
What parts do you guys polish so that I can get a idea and maybe start polshing some of my engine bay.

Lower timing belt cover and thermostat are what I have done. Cleaned up my valve covers and Im working on the intake manifold.

johnnyddn

Jul 16, 2006
Las Vegas
I'll take some pics and post them up after work. I've done the 3000 pipe, the stock AFM, the Apexi air filter adapter, igniter and some other pieces. I want to do the intake manifold but I want to wait until I can find another one so I can polish it and keep my car running because it's my daily driver.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
ive polished:

Compressor housing
Intake manifold
Valve covers
thottle body...

I think I might do the timing cover plate and my thermostat next