Plug near tranny cant figure out where it goes? need help

just got the car a week ago

The plugging is hanging down on the passenger side of the tranny about 4 or 5 inches in front of the speed sensor!

Im sure someone know what this is wand where this goes.. I jacked up one side of the car and looked under but did not find anywhere to pluf it into.

Sorry for the pics it was a tight squeeze
thanks in advance

img20120823174852.jpg

img20120823174919.jpg

img20120823174941.jpg

veedubin

Official SM Decals
peste noire;1868762 said:
isnt that one for the reverse lights??

Yup. Put you park brake on, turn key on and put in reverse. Walk to back of car and see what you (don't) see.

The mating plug for that comes from the engine harness. Trace the harness from the bottom of intake mani back. It runs on the top side of the transfer.
BTW if that is disconnected and you DO have back up lights... then you get to reverse engineer the POs hack job. :what:

Sent from my LG-P504 using Tapatalk 2

hey...it runs

Aug 15, 2011
chicago
I have a connector under my intake manifold that was never plugged into anything. I discovered it during my HG job. Everything works, I think, I know I have reverse lights. Any idea what it is? 89 supra N/A 5 speed w58 no abs, no TEMS, no air bags.

I also have one behind my dash trim right next to the hazard lights. In other videos I see a small LED in front of where it is on that little plastic circle. I don't have anything there. Out of curiosity, what is that for? Thanks.

hey...it runs

Aug 15, 2011
chicago
I don't want to steal the OP's thread. So please respond to him first. But I think we may be speaking of the same connector.

OP: Is it under the intake manifold by the bell housing and starter hanging off a wiring harness by any chance? I think it's white.