Plug in Standalone's for 1jz / 2jz, GAUGING INTEREST

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
BIC Performance is an official Haltech dealer and it is our EMS of choice. I have the New Platinum Sport 2000 ECU in my own car and have installed and tuned many of our customers cars. There is a P&P harness available for the 2jzgte MK4 Supra using the PS 2000 EMS, and now recently released a brand new fully terminated harness for the 2jz using all new wires, connectors and plugs and plugs right into the ECU.

BIC Performance has just finished testing our prototype Jumper Harness to adapt the Haltech Sport 2000 ECU to stock 1JZ engine wiring. We are hoping to have our first production harness built and tested in the next two weeks. Installation will take only a few minutes and will be loaded with a base map that will allow initial engine start-up. The best part is that there is NO wiring necessary, simply plug in the jumper harness to the engine harness and Haltech ecu and you are up and running in 10 min or less! !!

We are still working on final pricing, but hope to have it retail for close to the price of the Haltech Sport 2000 with Long-Harness kit. The Jumper Harness will also be available separately, and we are hoping to develop one for the 7M engine as well. The harness will feature a 6-pin break-out plug featuring 5 volts, sensor ground, two AV inputs and two digital outputs. There will also be an option for a plug-in WBO2 and BIC 1zz ignition coil harness.

Haltech's new Platinum Sport line of ECUs have been released for over a year and have quickly become one of the most popular stand-alone ECUs on the market. Some of the world's fastest import cars and best tuners and builders now use the new Haltechs. The Sport ECUs are packed with features, are reasonably priced, and by far have the best software on the market.

We are always open to product ideas so if you need a a different configuration for a Jumper Harness or a different ECU, please let us know. There is many P&P harnesses available from SR20, EVO ,350Z, R35 GTR and more...or we can build a custom harness from scratch.

Check out the Haltech website found here for more deatails on the PS 2000 ECU: http://haltech.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=105&Itemid=20

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
It would definitely be another great option for those wanting to go standalone. Damn good price too, especially for its versatility!

If I didn't have and MS built for the 1JZ, I would be more interested. I will follow the development of this; who knows, I could end up ditching the MS and want to run the Haltech. :D

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Will you have an optional setup for adding three wires to convert from batch fired injectors to sequential?
Whats the projected group buy rate ~1500?

I think I can get my brother to get a standalone for his 1JZ.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
The Haltech Sport 2000, is leaps above a MS, it has boost control, closed loop 02, boost by gear, fan control, closed loop idle control, fuel sequential fuel and ignition (6 cyl), USB connection and much more. Its been said it that its 90% of a Motec for 50% of the price. The new software is amazing, check it out on thier website. They are always coming out with new releases. The latest has new safety features, for example, pull timing or add fuel if the engine goes above X degrees, or what ever you want.

We will have it set up to run in full sequential with a flying lead as an option, still working out the final details.

Randy

Last edited:

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
I messed with my buddies briefly, seems like a nice system. Definitely nice to have a plug and play version. But please release a good diagram of the patch harness, the 2jz one has no real documentation, at least that we got.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Randy, I'd be interested in one if it comes with tech service over the phone and I also want the 1zz coils with it. I like my stinger, but there are certain things that this will do that my stinger won't. I am only interested in it if you are willing to help me figure a lot of the functions out though. I'm sure I can figure most of it out just by playing with it, but I will definately need some help fine tuning everything. Thanks, Jay

In for pricing on a 1jz plug and play harness.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
We will include a diagram, however it will be basicaly the same as the Factory ECU Pin out.

We will start with the Jza70 harness first, and may do a 7M harness in the future if there is enough interest in it.

Hero- Yes will will offer some tech support, but we cannot tune it remotely over the phone. It will still need to be tuned by someone who knows what they are doing. It will have a base map included to get it started and driving (with stock turbo's, injectors etc). In the car we tested we had it running on the Haltech is 5 min after unplugging the stock ECU, Including the install time. The new software allows for tuning in VE, so you can simply input the larger injector size and it will self adjust the fuel map and get it where it needs to be.

We are trying to get it as close to the pricing of the standard PS2000 with the long harness as possible.

As of right now it will not be P&P for the VVTi 1jz, but we may have a car coming in the next few months with a VVTi and we will see if we can make a patch harness for it.

Its great to see that there is interest in this as we have spent alot of time doing the R&D on this so far. Its about time we have a high end EMS that is P&P for the 1jz.

kozzman555

Sep 8, 2009
Ft. Benning, GA
im deployed right now, but if you get me a price, i think we could work something out. i'd love to get that going, especially since im gonna slap on a gt35r when i get back

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
I have other things that need to be fixed or upgraded first, but I'd say there's a good chance I'd be in the market for this when tax refund time rolls around next year.

skull

Dec 4, 2009
sweetwater tn
PM me a price for the jumper harness. Im looking at doing a 1jz harness for my 1.5jz project and also looking into a haltech PS2000 ecu. So, this will work out perfectly. PM me the details please.

thanks,

-Thomas

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Retail price on the Sport 2000 with the long harness is $1997.01, our goal is to offer the P&P units for $1949.....UNDER retail price!!!. We will be dyno testing a stock 1jz car in the next week or so, once we have results we will post up the info and details. There will also be a flying lead off the harness for anyone that wants to upgrade to the BIC 1ZZ smart coil setup.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
becauseican;1545452 said:
Retail price on the Sport 2000 with the long harness is $1997.01, our goal is to offer the P&P units for $1949.....UNDER retail price!!!. We will be dyno testing a stock 1jz car in the next week or so, once we have results we will post up the info and details. There will also be a flying lead off the harness for anyone that wants to upgrade to the BIC 1ZZ smart coil setup.

Are you planning to use this as a 'starter' map to come with the ecu?

Fwiw, my buddys car put down 602whp on his 35r 1j with a haltech sport 2000 at tx2k10 (the gray one). Hes using a 2jz harness w/ 2jz adapter though. Driving 1100 miles there and back.