Please help

00Si87Supra

Aug 4, 2006
Lafayette Louisiana
I've search here and at Supraforums, and can't seem to find any info. Here's my question. My JZA70 tailights with 2.5 twin turbo moulding is arriving today, and I'm most likely gonna put them in tomorrow....Now I can get the tailights and mouldings out of my 88, and put the new mouldings in, but I don't know how the taillights will go. Is there any modification the I have to do to install them?

JB91389

decisions...decisions...
Jun 22, 2006
Ottawa
iirc, the tailights are a direct replacement but the center piece you may have to drill holes...

not to sure though

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
You might have to put one or two small holes in the middle section in your Supra because there is a extra metal tab sticking out of the middle section of the taillights. I say one or two because one of the metal tabs was intact in my middle piece but the other one was rusted off so I couldn't tell. I had bought a set of 89 taillights for my 87 Turbo Supra but after I had removed my old lights and middle piece I just did not use the 89+ anymore and went back to the original ones. But as long as you have the 89+ bulb holders you will be ok with the wiring and the lights will line up with your 88 supra. Good luck with the conversion.

00Si87Supra

Aug 4, 2006
Lafayette Louisiana
Thanks for the help. Reason I was asking because my friend Logan told me Paul had some 90 lights on it, and that he had to do some modification. Right before Paul wrapped his Prelude around a pole he removed them and sold them for some reason. Oh well.

Thanks again for the help. I'll post some pics after I'm done. For being used the tailights and mouldings look brand new.