Please help, Supra will not start

northdakotakid

Feb 17, 2009
North Dakota
Ok so I have an 87 Supra NA 5-Speed, and just today, the alarm has started going off when I unlocked the drivers door, and once I got the alarm off, the car won't start. Its to the point where if I try to reset the alarm via door lock, the alarm still goes off. It now does not go off until I unplug the battery.

I have tried the "anti theft delete" and that does not work also, no power to anything except the horn and the headlights. I am at a complete loss here, YES i have searched and searched and everything I have found does not work for me.

I took out the anti theft black box, and cut, extended and ground the blue and orange wire, which seemed to work for everyone else, but it still does not work! I am getting very frustrated as I am planning on going to the lakes, etc. this weekend, and now I am stuck at my house....

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
when you put the key in the "on" position, does the engine light come on?
i have an intermittent " no start " problem with my car. check the 30 amp fuse in the under hood fuse box. you might also need the silver relay replaced that's directly above that fuse.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If it's the stock alarm the comp went bad. Pretty common.

Te comp is under the dash drivers side up top sort of by the heater box. Black box.

Disconnect it and cut the blue with orange stripe wire and ground it. Then it will start.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Could just the be key turn sensor in the driver door, try locking and unlocking the passenger door and see if it activates the other door to lock and unlock. If the cylinder is bad for the key sensor it wont realize the key was turned and the alarm thinks it was jimmied.