Please help my brain is cooking...

my7mgte527

Ok just got the harness for my motec ecu problem is I hav no clue how to make it into a plug and play. I got a dead computer for my car so I can use the plugs for the plug and play but I need a full step by step with photos and a list of what I exactly need to do this job perfectly. So yea my brain is fried..
7e8uzaha.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
7m Ecu rarely go bad. Sure it's bad?

If your running a whole new harness would be best to use all new sensor connectors.

Also need to wire it up to weather on not your using stock coils or smart coils and wire it for sequential fuel. Wether or not your using isc or afm.

After wired up you will also need to take it to a qualified tuner as well.

my7mgte527

Tuning I kno how to do my problem is wiring and I got all new sensors set up n I think because that harness I'm building for what I'm doing is alot I think I'm just overlooking the task I just don't want to fry my brain anymore then it is lol
y7e4uzed.jpg

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
So... What you want is for someone to do a wire-by-wire diagram of which wire on the MoTeC goes to which pin on the factory ECU so that you can take the sockets off of the ECU board and make a jumper harness?

If so, it should be a matter of cross referencing an '87-'88 7M-GTE ECU pin diagram to the MoTeC pin diagram.

A quick google search turned up a pin diagram:
p1897414_1.gif

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I'd do as hvyman said, and pin the connectors to a new harness.

If you just want to make a jumper harness though it should be doable. You'd have to de-solder the connectors from the board though. That's how these things are made.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
As everyone has said, make a new harness as a standalone is going to need different sensors. Not to mention 20+ year old wiring and the issues that comes from it.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
you're going to need to do this wire by wire... factory wiring layout seemed to change almost every singe year.... however wire color coding is pretty straightforward....