Please dont be mad :( but I need advice on race car......

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Ok, so the bov question has shown its head over and over again.... The other day I was going thru my supra parts and this one little peice caught my attention.... It was my old stock bov, I soon started to sweat with doubt in my heart over what to do next. I know the right thing to do. I know what could leave my car in a perfect idle for the summer yet I am struggling. So, I have decided to put my old stock bov back on tomorrow morning. Problem is I threw out my stock IC piping from my 3000 pipe. I was thinking of still putting on my stock bov since both will close at the same time and then release.... I was thinking of doing this untill I can find new piping, would this cause any problems? H8 that I'm a ricer noob.... Please dont b mad supra family...

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
What is the problem you have right now?

Bov does not cause idle problems. Vented bov could only make your car stall on decel.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
I will be honest and say that I did not know that the vent to atmosphere would cause my car to stall while driving/decel... Its a pain in the butt with the a/c on in the summer because the rpm's drop even lower. I raised the rpm's in the throttle body but I know thats going to cause problems in the long run and I care more about my car then a swooosh...... I'm sorry, I ment idle problem because I had to raise it a little bit to be able to hold it off from stalling and yes I kno I did wrong :(... Upon research I learned I did very bad..... Tryin to fix this.. I wish both bov's work... Even if the vent to atmoshphere is alot alot more quiet.... As long as I get to drive.... In my mind I think it could work and the air blown out would split from bov to bov but then again I'm nobody to make this assumption wich is prob most likely way off.... :(

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If the tb is set. Tps is good and set and dash pot is good and set it should not stall.

Can try cleaning the isc as well.

My 7m with vented bov never stalled.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
hvyman;1934493 said:
If the tb is set. Tps is good and set and dash pot is good and set it should not stall.

Can try cleaning the isc as well.

My 7m with vented bov never stalled.

Soo you are telling me that I could actually work with my setup? How do I even go about it? I am thinking of lowering the rpm's back down to normal and going from there but I have no clue where to start. I believe my tps is set right, I have had it checked twice already. My isc is a bit suspicious thou since I already replaced it once and the one on there is used... Hmmmmmmm, now you got me thinking hvyman lol.....