Plans for the Supra

RTA Supra

MA70 Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2005
Tampa, FL
Just got done writing an impromptu myspace blog and thought I'd share, as I see this site as my haven :)

Subject: 7M

Now that I've got my fellow 7M owners attention........

Been a rough couple of months with me and my car. My true friends know how undecisive I can be. I change my ideas and plans for my car DAILY! I can attribute that to my friends, lol. I'm constantly watching, and learning from guys like Denny, Victor, Jayson, Jake, Sean and the Titan guys, Justin, Bryan, Duane........just everyone. One day I tell myself, I'm just gonna sell my car and buy a 92. Then I say, I'll just sell the car and buy a daily until I can afford a project..........you get the idea. When I was at Texas, we (F&H Performance) blew a head gasket on the shop car and ended up changing it at the track.........yes.........at the track. While Victor and Justin were finishing up, me and Denny were fueling up with C16 and just put the drag radials on his car. We were hoping to run some great times, but ended up blowing his mutha friggin gasket too. That really just got under my skin and had me saying 2JZ for me, lol. I've since cooled off and realized that 7M's just don't blow up for any reason, there's a logical explanation for any car breaking.

Verdict......................as of 3-27-07
Start stocking parts for a rebuild.

My overall vision for the car is a predominentely stock looking car. I've already talked with the guy that will be doing my paint and body work, and am currently working on a color. The complete drivetrain will be out of the car while it's there, and interior will be completely out. If I'm going to be spending the amount of money that we talked about, I'm going to do a color change. Anytime I see someone on the boards say that they're going to attempt a color change, I say "Yeah right, you're gonna end up with the same color." It's not because I'm a complete ass, just because I'm jealous, lol. Well, here it is, I'm going to go for a color change :love: I'm going to be doing a complete forged build with all the goodies. What I want to do is represent the MKIII to the fullest. No more "It runs well, that's all that matters" mentality for me. Why drive a car and not be proud of the whole package? There's a select few MKIII owners that have captured the precise idea of what I'm talking about, and I think it's my turn to throw my name in the hat. I've been in the game way too long to have a car that runs and looks like mine does. My ultimate "Realistic" goal is for SILV 2008 as a completed project. This is going to take a lot of money and effort, but I'm in for the long haul. I'm currently working with my dad to find a daily driver (found a 93 240SX auto for a great deal) so when it gets to the point of downing the car, I'll be ok. For you SupraMania guys, look out for RTA Supra's first build thread :)

Thanks for reading my crap :biggrinki

Cliff notes: Forget the JZ, Build a respectable 7M MKIII that my Supra hero's will appreciate.

drbowser3

The Doc is in...
Jan 17, 2006
Tampa,FL
tissimo said:
Aww!! you'll change your mind when the stock twins take out tampa's 7ms.. :)

I change my plans daily too.. lol..

Tampa 7Ms huh?? We will see about that.

Eli, just remember, do it right the first time means not doing it a second time. I definitely learned that over the past year or so owning these cars. Also, only let those who know what they are doing work on them, things can get messed up really easily. Remember, buy the things you want, not what other people tell you to, after all it is YOUR build. And as always, if you need help you know where I'll be.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
damn Eli

i was excited when justin said you were wanting to go 2JZ......

oh well live and learn man ;)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
everyone here knows i change my plans way to often. ive thought through dropping every engine into my MKIII including (but not limited to) 1g-gte, 7m-gte, 7mgeT, 2jz-gte, 2jz-geT,and 1uz-fe. congrats on figuring out what you are doing, and committing to it. ill hopefully do that soon, gl and hf.

RTA Supra

MA70 Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2005
Tampa, FL
The Reaper said:
damn Eli

i was excited when justin said you were wanting to go 2JZ......

oh well live and learn man ;)

Don't worry, I'll put together a 2J, just not in this MKIII :) I'll build one when I'm baller like Justin and Sean :biglaugh:

Psycotic- Thanks for the kind words. It really is tough to decide on what direction to take a car. For me, that was the easy part.......Now I have to start researching my parts! Before, I would just go with whatever deal came up, but now I know that I'm just going to spend the extra dough and get my parts new! Sean and Gio at Titan have been taking care of me forever on customers cars when I was at RTA Racing. It's time to start spending money with them for my car :)

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
Justin not a baller. He just has no bills.

but i'll be buying a house on my own with my wife here soon which is FAR better than a 2JZ MKIII :D

Last edited:

Merlyn

Mar 9, 2007
Maryland
That sounds a lot like what I plan to do. i don't want people to drop their jaws at the tag "Supra" I want people to see the car and go that is a clean car. I have never been one for looks but this car does need some love in that area. I plan to keep the car stock looking as you speak of, I won't be changing the color, well, maybe, might go a form of gray but either way, best of luck to you, I have already planned the figures in money and it will add up, but I do respect what you are doing. Best of luck

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
That sounds awesome Eli. My vote goes for building an all around great car. So many of the young guys get so caught up in the horsepower wars and tend to neglect the rest of the car. To me 400 - 500 RWHP is more than enough for a street car. A perfect MKIII should look awesome, with nice paint, just the right stance and a nice set of wheels. It should have a great suspension and braking system so that it handles and drives like a new car. It should have a really nice interior, nice seats, nice stereo system, working cruise control and yes, WORKING A/C. It really doesn't matter which motor you decide to put into it, just build it right, replace all of the wear componants, clutch, hoses, radiator, etc. so that the car can be driven cross country and not have to put a wrench on it. Good luck on it bro, and hopefully you'll take a little of this advice to heart.