Piston/Rod Combo

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Nothing wrong with wiseco pistons or eagle rods. They would be fine for any amount of power you could make... But why would you buy 7m parts from anyone other than a SM vendor? Shops like the one you posted a link for do nothing for the mk3 world. Buying from people like that is why the aftermarket development for mk3 parts is so slacking.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Not to sound selfish, but I buy parts for me. I support this place belive me. That is simply a good price, and is in the ball park of what I want. DM will be getting a fair chunk more of my buisiness, as well as ARZ has. Also my valve kit is most likely gonna be coming from you I hope. 1mm oversized;)

I just want info on these parts, how come no one here sell Wiseco Pistons, or am I missing them?

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
dusthead;1460386 said:
SIP sells those pistons...page 3 of mk3 area.

I wish he said something, I would of gladly gave hime my business.

There allready ordered and should be showing up this week:) Ended up paying 1300%CDN shipped so thats fine by me.

Still need to find a post 89 block though:(

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
i used them in my rebuild and the only problem i had was shaving down one piston pin so the retainer clip would fit. Ive had them in for 700miles and they seem fine.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
san supra;1460574 said:
i used them in my rebuild and the only problem i had was shaving down one piston pin so the retainer clip would fit. Ive had them in for 700miles and they seem fine.

That makes me feel uneasy haha.

What are your mods? How power do you think your making?

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
prsrcokr;1463257 said:
Any concerns with the higher comp. ratio of the Wisecos? Haven't found much info here about that either.

I was also a little concerned but comign from a NA-T, didn't want to loose all that nice low end torque. I'm hoping 9:1 will be a happy/safe medium.

suprarich;1463305 said:
No concern at all.

Thats what I like to hear:)

You have a PM.