Pillar Gauge Pods, Dash, Colour Questions

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
I'm finally gonna get a pillar gauge pod, gonna be likely a 2 pod Lotek one because I've read the 3 pod isn't such a good fit.

For the people who put aftermarket gauges in place of the stock ones did you use 52mm or 60mm gauges? Well 52mm fill up the hole so it doesn't look to gawdy? I'm gonna use the shallow Prosport gauges so I don't have to cut up the cluster to much and there on sale;)

Also I found a picture of part of my interior lol can anyone tell me if its dark grey or medium gray??? It looks like medium but I just wanna be sure.

Attachments

• DSC00240.jpg
    DSC00240.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 47

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
Definately medium grey.
The 52mm will fit but I think they are slightly smaller than your gauge holes, you could go with the 60mm but they will overlap the outside of the whole a bit. Either way you are going to get into some custom work to make them fit correctly and look right. Ultimately it's up to you and how you want them to look. Try searching around and see what you can find on the forum about different in dash installs. There are a few different ways of going about it.

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
i recently bought the 3 pod and it fits ok. you have to trim the top edge a little bit but it is easily done with a razor knife. i am not sure whether this is a problem with the 2 pod or not since i havnt installed one

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
whitemike;1504464 said:
I think I'm gonna get the 2pod, who carries lotek?

the lotek website has them. suprasport sells them. horsepower freaks website says "generic" which is what i ordered but when i received my package the packing slip was straight from lotek. also, retrospec on here makes a 2 pod pillar out of CF, not sure how it fits though

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Thanks Scruggs I thought it was just wanted to be sure.

Lotek A Pillar Pods

Well did the dirty...:( I'll update this post on how I made out with the cluster ect. It'll be a few months though...Along with some other threads that have died but I'm not finished:)

Went with the 2 pillar pod, and 52mm blue/white premium gauges.

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
AP1FreaKsLiDe;1505641 said:
I did Lotek 3 pod 52mm and the holes were just a wee-bit small for my GReddy gauges. I simply used some sand paper and sanded them down a bit.

i have the 3 pod and my gauges fit well. it was a bit snug but its supposed to be. i could probably get away with leaving the clamp off the back side. i'm not going to just in case but, it fit well.

AP1FreaKsLiDe

Jul 29, 2009
Rockwall, TX
7M-KDL;1505792 said:
i have the 3 pod and my gauges fit well. it was a bit snug but its supposed to be. i could probably get away with leaving the clamp off the back side. i'm not going to just in case but, it fit well.

Mine fit but they were too snugged. I sanded them down a bit just so I could move them around a bit more freely.

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
AP1FreaKsLiDe;1506194 said:
Mine fit but they were too snugged. I sanded them down a bit just so I could move them around a bit more freely.

yeh mine arent bad. they dont fall out but if i took the pillar out of the car, held it upside down, and shook it, they probably wouldnt stay in place. with different gauges im sure its different as no two are exactly a like, between the brands anyway.