Piggyback question.. Mods list provided

nsngarage

Jan 24, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Im still pretty new to the supra... I've started collecting my mods and I'd like an opinion on what piggyback system to use to tune the car once everything is together..

I'll be using the following:

550cc Injectors
Lexus AFM
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
AFPR
Stock bottom end (Freshly machined and rebuilt)
Stock head (Freshly machine and rebuilt also)
ARP Head studs

As for the exhaust, im not totally sure if im going T4 or not yet.. I just really don't feel like making a downpipe to fit the V-band stuff that's out there for the most part.. but if I stay with CT i'll go with a 57 trim most likely for this summer at least.. If I go T4 it'll be a .60 or a .70 trim turbo.. most likely a .60..

I'm attempting to shoot for a 400hp start..

I bought the car dismantled with a blown head gasket, so it'll be put together in an upgraded version..

I do not currently have a boost controller and as my build funds shrink more and more, Im probably gonna end up going mbc instead of electronic..

My main questions are:

For the boost control, what's a decent one for manual and electronic? (and how much if you wanna sell me one? ;-P )

Is it even worth going full T4 setup if I'm only wanting 400hp for now?

What system can I use to monitor my a/f while I fine tune the car once it's totally put back together?

Sorry for the questions, but I don't wanna kill my baby before she has a chance lol.. I've been reading for hours and at this point i'm pretty sure anything I read now I'll forget or it won't make sense lol...

Thanks!
Josh

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
you can get a bolt on turbo which will be good for much more than 400 hp and save you on the manifold. get a wideband o2 sensor to monitor a/f

nsngarage

Jan 24, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
RockPaperSwoRD;1270198 said:
you can get a bolt on turbo which will be good for much more than 400 hp and save you on the manifold. get a wideband o2 sensor to monitor a/f

What's a decent/affordable brand, I was looking at an Innovative LC-1.. which seems requires two parts right? the wideband controller and the wideband guage? price seems around 600 for both parts, sound right? or do I seriously not know what I am looking at lol.. soo tired >.<

nsngarage

Jan 24, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Actually bought a felpro gasket for now, until I get into the boost hardcore, had the felpro gasket sitting around, and figured I'd use it until I poof it lol then i'll go mhg..

why do you ask? 400 will probably kill this gasket huh? lol