Piggy back dilema

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Valley Stream, New York, United States
Well, today I was trying to tune my car with my VPC/AFC combo and it was not responsive at all. It would run rich (around "10") between 4k-5k rpms, then lean out at a bit below "12" then run rich (around "10") again between 6k-7k rpms. We messed with the rpms points on the AFC, we didn't know why nothing would adjust accordingly, we could not level out the A/F at all. Is my VPC/AFC showing its age? It worked fine when I was pushing out 565rwhp at 24psi.

We ran 1.6 bar and suffered from fuel cut with base fuel pressure at 37psi, we had to turn the base fuel pressure up to 48psi to defeat the FC we were hitting. The car produced 513rwhp 515rwtq WTF? I was wondering what piggy back would replace what I have now. I can't afford a standalone, plus I already purchased a brand spankin new engine harness. I want something that works good and easy to use. I was thinking of the MAP ECU as I saw an MK4 make over 600rwhp with it.

What is better for the 7M:

MAP ECU or MAP ECU 2?

Most of the tuners out here know how to use the MAP ECU, not much the MAFT PRO. What is your input on it? Thanks

Last edited:

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
What I will say that there are kinds of cheaper full standalone options. Just search a little a know maftpro to be one of them. I think your hp is a little out of range for it though. Some of the other guys will chime in.

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Valley Stream, New York, United States
turbodriz;975369 said:
What I will say that there are kinds of cheaper full standalone options. Just search a little a know maftpro to be one of them. I think your hp is a little out of range for it though. Some of the other guys will chime in.

The MAFT PRO is a piggyback I believe, I'm looking into a standalone right now "stinger". No luck yet, thanks