Pierce Ford's 1987 Toyota Supra Turbo Project

Saavedro88

Jan 26, 2007
Richmond VA
Some of you may know me, I've been a member for several years, I had an 87 N/A as my first car:

n1574400050_30059120_4873.jpg

That car BHGed at the worse possible time, about a week after I got fired from my job and couldn't find another one immediately. It's been a long and rocky road since then, and I've been through several cars. All of them have meant a lot to me, but I've never loved any other car like I loved my MA70. The list goes like this:

86 FC RX-7 GXL
90 FC RX-7 GTU
87 FC RX-7 Base
(Somewhere in here there was another 90 FC that I used the engine from for my first 90 FC)
83 Volkswagen Rabbit GL
83 Celica Supra P-Type
85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
89 Nissan 240SX (To swap the engine into the 200SX)

AND FINALLY:

1987 Toyota Supra Turbo.

p1589797_1.jpg

p1589797_2.jpg

p1589797_3.jpg

Here's the ad that I bought it off of:

TwistnBrn..Rubr;6411633 said:
Stressing OBO
I really don't want to come back and mess with it and I damn sure don't want to tow the big bastard

So here's the deal, i'm not really sure how well this is going to work but i'm gonna go for it anyway.

I recently went on vacation back to my home state of Ohio... and got a job. So now i'm forced with either bringing the car that i want to sell up here, or selling it in VA. So i'm going to try my hand in Virgina first. Now, on to the listing.

Travis
Richmond/Ohio
pm/thread/text (I have shitty service here)
804-982-6084

1987 Toyota Supra (targa/turbo)
5 speed
Freshly rebuilt 7mgte (2mm titan HG)

the previous owner had the rebuild done then never broke it in, i have the receipt for the rebuild

Front mount IC with 3in piping and 3in core other than that and the 3in exhaust it's pretty much stock.
It has a no name recirc BOV on it and i'll throw in a no name manual boost controller that came off my 240.

Good:

Freshly rebuilt
new clutch
New NGK plugs and wires
Working TEMS (rare)
interior electronics work (Dash, console, seat)

Targa doesn't leak (it pools and gets one big drip if it's been sitting but doesn't leak even through the car wash)

Fresh paint even though it looks to be maaco quality with some orange peel and over spray but looks decent and shines up well

minimal rust and I do mean minimal. None on the body or panels, just surface stuff on the underside and some suspension surfaces. A friend of mine works at a dealership so when i got my inspection (valid until 3/11) he snuck me in the back to see it on the lift

Bad

It runs and starts and all that jazz but it's got a massive boost leak that i haven't had time to mess with and since i'm now in Ohio, it's not convenient to go out and take care of it, lol.

It idles and runs up until about 2k when you start to push out of vacuum.

leaky injector (i think it might be the o-ring)

AS IS i'm looking to get 4400 obo for it since the problems are obvious and very cheap to fix. Even if you had to replace the injectors used ones are less than $100 and the vacuum leak is a matter of finding it.

Once i get paid i'm going to out source it to a friend to have him fix it and the price will be upped to 5400obo upon repair. So it really is a steal for such a beautiful classic import if you get it before it's fixed and there after it's what i believe to be a fair price.

As far as trades the only things i'll consider are 4x4's.
(maybe the right Subaru) i do not have cash on top. Ideally a work truck + cash.

I don't have a desktop right now or a sandisk reader on my laptop so i can text pictures but i'm working on a solution to that.
32430240001_medium.jpg

so you have a general idea...
But my paint looks better and it doesn't have big gay rimzzzz on it.

Thanks for your time.

The seller is an "acquaintance" of mine, so I helped him to get some pictures of it, and at first I was skeptical. It needs a LOT of work. It didn't even run, the paint is cheap and BAD, the tail-lights are Jewed up, no A/C or Foglights, interior is... pretty "Riced" out to put it plainly.

Even still... I wanted it... :icon_razz

But after finding out it didn't run, and just seeing all the crap it has going on with it, I offered the guy a rediculously lowball offer, NEVER expecting him to take it... But he TOTALLY did.

Towed it home, put a EFI relay in it, Now it runs.

I RAPED that poor fool. :naughty:

Even still it has a LOT of issues that will need to be fixed, and I just found out today, I won't be getting the title for a few weeks. :nono: So it won't quite be ready to take to any fancy meets anytime soon.

Anyways, thanks for reading, and any interest expressed it greatly appreciated. Engine bay pics soon! :D

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

So since this is my build thread, First question. How do I make the alarm NOT go off every time I open the drivers door?

Saavedro88

Jan 26, 2007
Richmond VA
Well, The new relay I installed was in backwards, which was why it would run. When I removed it and put it back in correctly, It would NOT run. I wrestled with it all weekend until finally today, I got it to start up, CORRECTLY. The Ignition fuse under the kickpanel was not making a connection to the ECU. ::moebaker:: But now it runs like shit, and dies whenever I step on the accelerator. I checked my codes, and only had one for the Coolant Temperature Sensor (wire end is broken, so it's unhooked right now). I'ma gonna check the spark plugs and wires, cause it feels like it has a miss as well, but can anyone tell me what this sensor is?

p1591342_1.jpg

And would this be causing my issue?