p1346505_1.jpg

Dan McBoost

I don't roll stock whips.
Apr 17, 2005
Supratown NY
www.mcboost.com
stakie;1363249 said:
Dan,
What's up? You been to your VW/Audi meet in NJ lately??

Let me know what's up.....

Yeah, I was there. F me. Sorry mang, it was hella hectic and forget to text about 5 supra peeps while down there.

48hours felt like 2...

At least this is toyota related! haha

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
Just messing with my point&shoot Kodak M1033 Digi Camera...

Attachments

• Cleaned & Waxed Mustang! (1).jpg
    Cleaned & Waxed Mustang! (1).jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Cleaned & Waxed Mustang! (1), Version 2.jpg
    Cleaned & Waxed Mustang! (1), Version 2.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 18

c2Baz

Sep 18, 2009
Brandon
Dan McBoost;1195102 said:
[thumb]http://gallery.mcboost.com/albums/userpics/10002/IMG_8097_copy.jpg[/thumb]

I've always wondered, how do you setup a shot like this?

I'm a bit of an amateur but I've never been able to get anything close to this shot.

Are you in the backseat reaching out? what are the camera settings at?

Here are some of mine

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

Dan McBoost

I don't roll stock whips.
Apr 17, 2005
Supratown NY
www.mcboost.com
c2Baz;1434784 said:
I've always wondered, how do you setup a shot like this? Are you in the backseat reaching out? what are the camera settings at?

Here are some of mine:

I have a small rig to mount the camera and a wireless remote to trigger the camera when I want. The shutter times are long (high f stop if I need longer), but will always be variable on the lighting available.

Your shots are promising. Good angles are a great start in automotive photography.

Watch your backgrounds, try not to be too repetitive if at the same location, make it look like a whole other shoot. Watch the lighting on the subject, you don't want the background to be what draws your eye, you want it to be interesting, but not the subject. Pay attention to the edges of the photo. You don't want the subject to be just touching the edges and if you are cutting a car up try to keep away from intersecting the lines of the car.

tower_of_ego;1434785 said:
Dan, those images are incredible. The space is stunning, the gown length is a stroke of genius, and the lighting is perfect. Well done, you!

Thanks a ton. Although those were done during shoot I was doing for a photo contest, I ended up using this as my entry, which won 3rd (and the judge said this was the show he would hang up in his house):

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1245628&postcount=83