Pics of white supras with stock 5 spokes?

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
I'm getting 5 spokes and would like to see how y'all have painted them, polished, etc against a white supra or any mkiii for that matter..

Ones I'm getting are grey and I want ideas how to refinish them:)

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
dirty and rattle caned.

p1525472_1.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Air craft paint stripper from kragen and some high heat black with clear coat all rattle canned.

p1525501_1.jpg

91supran/a

Offical BAMF!
Dec 10, 2007
Sterling, Virginia, United States
i dident i sanded the lips down to bare metal and scuffed the factory paint with 320 and hit it with duplicolor gloss black
came out perfect
and thanks
i wish i coulda kept it and swapped motors cause its an NA
got my 89t now

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

o btw the trim i painted black and replace the molding strip with chrome looked really good with the wheels

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
gaboonviper85;1525509 said:
High heat black? You needed to bake the wheels?

Yeah high heat black. Idk if it was 500* or it might have been the 2000*bbq paint but i forget. Did not bake the wheels.

If you use the aircraft paint stripper, you just spray it on and wait like 15-20 min and wash it off and they have the nice alum lip. Tape off the lip and i applied like 4 coats of black and like 4 coats of clear. Never sanded anything and actually left it just stripped for a few weeks.

Came out pretty nice but i didn't get the insides of the spokes too well but i might be doing it white soon if i dont get wheels since they were orig white package wheels but i like the black too just needs some kind of shiny lip.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
So you spray the aircraft stripper on and wash off with soap and water?

Will the aircraft shit hurt the center caps?

How many cans of clear, black, and AS did you go threw?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I just painted the center caps. They were white center caps and i just washed and painted them. I painted them at the same time but off the wheels. After about a year they still look great for a quick job.

With the paint aircraft stripper i just sprayed it on(went through 2 cans for all 4) and just washed it off with the hose. Mine had kinda alot of paint on them and they were orig white package wheels.

I think i went threw about 2-3 cans of black paint and 2 cans of clear.

Idk if the center caps would melt or not powder coating but i dont think they would(I do not know for sure would not try to find out) but the wheels them selfs can get really hot sometimes so maybe they would stand up to the oven.

Edit: but i think they look 10x better with the lil lip.

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
gaboonviper85;1525548 said:
So you spray the aircraft stripper on and wash off with soap and water?

Will the aircraft shit hurt the center caps?

How many cans of clear, black, and AS did you go threw?

I would not recommend using harsh strippers on the center caps, been there, done that and it was a mistake. They are easy to just sand the paint off so that would be my method of stripping the caps.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I never stripped the caps. Just washed them and painted them and never sanded them. Never sanded anything. Looked great but the caps looked good before. And i know your supposed to sand so the paint sticks but it stuck. I really did not wont to mess with the caps at all. Only problem i had was not paying enough attention to the sides of the spokes.

Edit: my sig shows when i stripped them and thats why there is no caps because they were still white.

Edit 2: if you tape off the outside and there is some over spray a razor blade will take it off no prb while its still fresh.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
gaboonviper85;1525644 said:
I'd have the wheels powdercoated but I don't know how I'd match color with the centercaps as I don't think you can pc plastic:-/

kyles (hvymans) look great id to it how he did. It hes look great caps all match the rims they are awesome...i just did it the cheap way cuase i have extra cans laying around....haha

mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
when i painted mine i sandblasted the whole wheel (and centercaps) with baking soda. worked amazing. took care of every imperfection. just make sure you have a water separator, because baking soda doesnt work well with any kind of moisture. and if you do it on your front lawn...it WILL kill the grass. ask me how i know...