picked up a Palm Pre today

Apr 1, 2005
WA
Got to the sprint store at 7:45 this morning but only had to wait 10 min for the doors to open. There were about 9 other people waiting as well and i dont think any of us expected them to open 2 hours early. We were also a little dismayed to learn that there was an invite only launch party the night before for "prefered sprint members" WTF sprint, why arent i prefered?

No matter, as i soon had my own Pre in my hands and all was well. This thing is beautiful. :love::love: And for the record, Palm Pre POWNS anything apple!

I'll try to post some pics but my camera is acting retarded at the moment.

Apr 1, 2005
WA
well i guess my camera is broken so i borrowed my roommates. good thing the pre has a good camera in it.

for comparisons, i have it next to my old brick of a phone, palm treo 700.

p1337710_1.jpg

p1337710_2.jpg

p1337710_3.jpg

p1337710_4.jpg

p1337710_5.jpg

Apr 1, 2005
WA
blackberrys are nice for what they are. my sister has one. but i love the small sleek look of the pre. my buddy says it looks like a black bar of soap. lol.

this is truely the first phone that has even come close to tempting me to replace my treo. and im so glad i did. i love the treo but have never been happy with its size, bulk, and weight. and the new webOS is great. very fast and intuitive.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
eh ill kep my blackberry too. first phone i've had that i actually like.

anyone want to buy a samsung instinct or htc touch? they are pretty expnsive paperweights

and that pre is nice....lol and i am a preferred customer

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
gaboonviper85;1337837 said:
anybody who waits inline for a cellphone with the bran new price tag is a fuckin sucker!

Hahah, reminds me of that stupid lady who came to a store with a bag of money thinking she could buy all the I-phones. After buying the spot of one guy in line, then being refused more than one phone... :rofl: I died a little.

Apr 1, 2005
WA
anybody who waits inline for a cellphone with the bran new price tag is a fuckin sucker!

sucker? Maybe. But I would consider myself a sporatic early adopter. I bought the treo the first week it was released for $500. Never once regreted that decision. The Pre was only $200. It only took a few months for the price to start dropping on the treo but I doubt current sprint customers will ever see a better price on the pre. Its already heavily subsidised. There will probably be slighty better deals in the future for NEW customers to help lure them away from other carriers, but I wouldn't count on it before 2010.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
I'm not a fan of sprint. AT&T so naturally iPhone.

Both phones need flash I think. Come on now I want flash chat dammit

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com

Generally, the price of smart phones drops very slowly. I doubt the pre will be any less expensive for at least 3-6 months.

To the OP: should've gone to Best Buy and avoided the mail in rebate bullshit. ;)