Phase I ::: 1990 MA70 Build

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
Ah... Only 6 more weeks until I come home and am united with my newly acquired 90 Supra Turbo. My plans are to keep the 7M and build her up to 550rwhp for your average, every day Street use. There's going to be some competition from some guys at work, one of whom is purchasing a C6 Corvette Z06 or going to keep his Hyundai Genesis Coupe and drop $10,000 into. Now I know it's going to be tough for a while, being as I will have a completely stock 7M motor with just a few add-ons which don't really add any significant power. But soon enough I will surpass his expectations of a 7M motor and prove to be a challenge to anyone daring enough in town.

But at least I get to start out with some goodies... ;)

Here's what I got so far ::::

HKS EVC-S Boost Controller
HKS Black Edition SSQV BOV
MOOKEH Upper Intercooler Pipe
Blitz Intake
Tanabe Medalion Touring Exhaust
3" Downpipe with Turbo Elbow integrated into it
Test Pipe

Soon to come: Phase II
MAFT-Pro
Zeitronix zt-2 Wideband
HKS Turbo Timer Type 1
67mm T4 Turbo Kit from Driftmotion
720cc Injectors with Dual Feed Rail setup
FFIM
FMIC
SAFC Neo
..............etc

Once I upgrade the turbo system I will take and get it tuned for about 400rwhp; I will be updating the internals of the block and head before I push it any further.

But anyway, that's to come at a later time. For now a nice 300hp will do with a boost setting of 11psi. I got a buddy in town that's got a nice R34 Skyline, so I'll just roll with him to warn off any grouchy Corvettes and 5.0 Mustangs lol.

These pics are without any modifications, check back in about 5 weeks once all the parts come in to see everything installed ;)

p1678541_1.jpg

p1678541_2.jpg

p1678541_3.jpg

p1678541_4.jpg

p1678541_5.jpg

Last edited:

Rickstar22

Rocker...Not Hippie
Feb 22, 2011
Graham-Puyallup, WA
WOW !!! A very sanitary example !!! Stunning car...I love it ! Don't worry about the buddies and what they are gonna do, they will never look as good cruising down the road as this beauty will !!!

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
I paid top $ for this baby.... $6,500 and worth every penny for it's amazing condition!
I'm trying to keep everything I do to this car CLEAN and PROFISSIONAL. I want this car to drop jaws at car shows and just about everywhere I go!!! At least Supra enthusiasts will appreciate it's beauty.

Last edited:

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
Damn... Very Clean Car! This looks like a 10 grand mk3...you're lucky you got it for $6.5K.
Where's the redline..6250 rpm or 6500 rpm? (6M or 7M crank?). Miles on it?

Nice car bro...Keep it the way it is!
I also got a 1990 turbo, targa, manual, with medium grey interior without leather though!

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
SupraClaou;1678629 said:
Damn... Very Clean Car! This looks like a 10 grand mk3...you're lucky you got it for $6.5K.
Where's the redline..6250 rpm or 6500 rpm? (6M or 7M crank?). Miles on it?

Nice car bro...Keep it the way it is!
I also got a 1990 turbo, targa, manual, with medium grey interior without leather though!

it's got the 6250 redline... But not a problem for me really. Also has 158,000 miles. The only problem with the car is the drivers side seat, just a little wear and tear in the leather. But I'm sure I can get it redone.

p1678634_1.jpg

p1678634_2.jpg

p1678634_3.jpg

p1678634_4.jpg

p1678634_5.jpg

p1678634_6.jpg

p1678634_7.jpg

Last edited:

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
Really very nice and clean mk3 you got there.
Good luck with it. The leather on the driver's seat is nothing... you can redo both front seats with a little shadow grey (darker) color,
since these will take the abuse in the next years. Rears will always look good,almost new!

Last edited:

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
I love how there's really no need to purchase new seats because of how these hug you so well. I used to have a 2006 Mustang GT and I felt like I those seats could never contain me, but the MK3 Supra's seats are very nice. Hopefully I can find a place in town that can make new Leather covers for the front.

** On a side note - I just picked up a 1080p Camcorder by JVC and I can't wait to take some vids of the Supra. I was zooming in on an ant and it was like I was living in their world!!! This camcorder ROCKS :)

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
Received some parts... Only waiting until I'm a little bit closer to coming home before I order the exhaust system and I'm also going to get a Carbon Fiber Shine Air Guide.

downsize.jpgdownsize1.jpgdownsize2.jpg

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
will do man. There's a gathering up in Roane Mountains in NC, it seems like a lot of fun. You should definitely see if you can make it... June 4th

karmasupra

May 9, 2005
Macon, GA
So is this the Supra I see parked over by the base dorms under the car cover. I could tell it was a Sup by the sawblades; either way clean ride. I can't wait to get mine back on the road next month hopefully.

KamaSupra

7M-GTE, Oh shit.
Jul 19, 2010
Chilliwack, BC
Very nice. Clean Mk III.

I too have some wear in my interior, and I'm having all the grey perforated leather redone with black Italian leather. A couple of the parts inside are going Cf (door levers, handles etc...) just for an accent.

Lookin good man.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
karmasupra;1680909 said:
So is this the Supra I see parked over by the base dorms under the car cover. I could tell it was a Sup by the sawblades; either way clean ride. I can't wait to get mine back on the road next month hopefully.

It's not in GA yet, still in NJ. I have had a couple Mk3's in the past. I know there are a couple other guys that have one.

I'm going to look around to see what my options might be as far as new leather in the whole car. Nice black leather might be awesome!!