PFC F-CON 440cc 550cc

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
my car is a 91 7mgte
stock ecu with no other car electronics (im fairly sure i will hit fuel cut when i get it running)
57trim
2.5 hard pipes
2.5 knock off intercooler
turbo back exhaust with no cat
n/a cams for now (i bought another head and didnt swap over my turbo cams)

QUESTIONS
Is f-con a plug and play or what is necessary to run it correctly?
What is a good price to pay for a f-con with both the 440cc and 550cc chips?
What are the cons to f-con?
Is there easier piggybacks now?
Do you have to change your afm?
I know theirs many questions so any help is appreciated.

If there is a link that can help me that would be great because i haven't found much on the subject.

I have read a few things but i am still unsure f-con 440cc-550cc limitations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
You probably won't find too much. The HKS PFC F-CON is very archaic.

There are far better fuel computers out today that do a much better job. Search the site, there is a lot of info on this topic.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
f-con has 0 correction. it works well, albeit on the rich side of tune. you would be better off with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and a s-afc in my opinion.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
thank you for the info i just wanted to know more about it because i could get my hands on it and he made it sound very plug and play.

well i happen to already own a hks super AFR but i dont know what to put with it to tune my car correctly. s-afr = s-afc?

stock injectors and stock afm, so all i need to fight fuel cut and run right is?
s-afr
fpr

what else do i need or should i get if i plan to go 550cc in the future(1yr maybe)?

thanks

Last edited:

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
hks made the s-afr and apexi made the s-afc. both are similar and do pretty much the same thing.

not sure what your plans are, but sounds like the lexus afm, 550cc injectors, fpr and the s-afr you already have would be a good package. you will be able to run more boost and with tuning you should be able to get around 300rw range. just be sure before you start making more power your motor is in good shape. and if you are still on the stock ic and piping, check all for leaks. over time they get old and brittle.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
I have a rebuilt motor with mhg,arp head/main studs,forged pistions/rods.
I just want it to run good during break in and thats why im running stock 440cc and stock afm. With my 57trim/2.5 intercooler/2.5 piping/3in turbo back exhaust im pretty sure im going to hit fuel cut and i wanted a way to remedy that for now without hurting the motor.

so the s-afr will raise fuel cut or only the lexus afm will?

im going to do more research on the s-afr but if there are any helpful links that would be great.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
have you upgraded the fuel pump? if not it's a $100 well spent.

the s-afr you can tune and raise fuel cut. on the lex afm the bypass chamber is bigger and will raise fuel cut. back when i had that combo i was running 17psi on my 60 trim upgrade.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
dbsupra90;1411078 said:
have you upgraded the fuel pump? if not it's a $100 well spent.

the s-afr you can tune and raise fuel cut. on the lex afm the bypass chamber is bigger and will raise fuel cut. back when i had that combo i was running 17psi on my 60 trim upgrade.

yeah i have a walbro and a drilled j-tube but thts all for fuel mods.
what set up did you have lex/s-afr/440cc?

i dont want to do lex afm untill later unless it necessary.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
i had the lex afm, 440cc, walbro, afpr and stock turbo at 12psi.

when i upgraded the turbo i swapped to 550cc and s-afc. then turned up the boost to 17.

suprashy

Jun 21, 2005
Nassau County, NY
dbsupra90;1411644 said:
i had the lex afm, 440cc, walbro, afpr and stock turbo at 12psi.

when i upgraded the turbo i swapped to 550cc and s-afc. then turned up the boost to 17.

dbsupra90, do you recommend the 12volt mod too with the upgraded fuel pump?

(Nice to see u bud)!