People with Drag Wheels

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
what lug nuts are you guys using for your drag wheels? Ive got a set of Weld Pro-Stars and I need some lugs for em. So what are you guys using? Whats our thread pattern? 12mm x 1.5?? How long of a shank do I need?? What do you guys recommned? Whered you buy em? I know there are a lot of guys on here running Welds/Bogarts/whatever, so please chime in and help me out. thanks.

reklund5

Nov 3, 2007
Henderson, NV
I just went through changing my studs and lugs on my car to accomodate spacers and a big brake kit.

ARP makes a wheel stud kit for a Lexus IS300 that is a direct fit on the MKIII Supra, with the correct 12mmx1.5 thread pitch. They're much longer than the stockers (remember, the stockers were intended for use with a shouldered lug nut, which extended into the wheel mounting area on the stock wheels) for use with acorn style lug nuts on aftermarket wheels.

I got 'em from Summit Racing in a day or two. As for lug nuts, it depends on wether or not they are recessed in your wheel, or if the drag wheels have a "flat" face that makes the lug nuts accessible. Mine are recessed, which necessitated spline drive nuts with a super low-profile lug key to install and remove the nuts. For flat faced or more accessible wheels, I'd just use a generic acorn nut with a 19 or 21 mm size.

Ryan

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Answered it for ya on the other forum, but i might as well do it here too for some of the others who may be looking....

The pro-stars require SS/T lug nuts. Jegs PN 306-5125-o-4

http://www.jegs.com/i/Detroit%20Wheels/306/5125-O-4/10002/-1
3065120O4.jpg