Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
I'll start, I did both my cars....
p534469_1.jpg

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
whenmunkysfly said:
What exactly do you guys do to get the cars that way. I've been messing around with photo shop but don't know much yet.

Here is a step by step. This is easy to do ;)

First start off with a side shot of the car, the more square the shot the easier it will be:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Now make a copy of that image, you will need the original later so DON'T distort the original one. On the copied one, select the car with the bounding box (or lasso tool, it doesn't matter, just as long as the whole car is selected).

Then go up to "EDIT" - "TRANSFORM" - "SCALE". the bounding box will now change into the transform box. Grab one of the sides and slide it horizontally until the car is squashed how you like it:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Now, go back to the original pic, select one of the rims with a little bit of the fender. Do one rim section at a time. Example of how much I selected for this:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Then all you need to do is go back to the copied image and paste the rim section and move it to line it up. Erase and blend edges to make it look better. Then repeat for the other rim. Once you have it all lined up, flatten the image and save it as whatever format you want such as a .jpeg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Lol, I always loved these. I've never thought about doing one of my car though... might even make it look better. :naughty:

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Here is another one.

p542533_1.jpg

The one of Joe/Kyle's car turned out so good cause the background is so plain. It was easy to keep the background the same size and just shrink the car.