Passing CA emmisions

jsnowman76

In need of another supra
Oct 17, 2006
Elk grove, CA
so this past week I got offered a job in California and I think I am going to take. I would probably be moving down here in june. the pay will be nice so I cant relly afford not to take it becuse Spokane, WA is getting me no where in the company.

I have been looking at threads all night trying to decide if my car will even come close to passing emmisions. I have heard some pretty bad stories of people failing emmisions in cali.

my GM from Sacramento said that he thought that cars that were paid for and registered in another state(like WA) were exempt from CA emission laws... Is that true?

because if it isn't some of the other people here i cali said that if I dont have all of the original factory parts that there is no way that I could pass and would have to sell it in WA. is that true?

someone please help me out because I love the supra and do not want to part ways. we have been through too much together even though I have only had it for 6 months. : (

please help me keep my supra!!!!!!

bwest

Drafting, not tailgating
May 18, 2005
HippieTown, CA
The people that have issues passing smog usually:
1. have a car that runs shitty
2. have a bunch of 'look at me mods' (no cat, open dump for wastegate, open bov)
3. remove smog equipment (no egr, cats, etc)

I do not know if out of state cars need to go to a ref station before registration. There are a few others here that can help you with those details.

There are some counties that have a load test (don't remember the test ##) and some that don't. Santa Cruz county doesn't, but Sonoma County did (when I lived there). This should be fairly easy to figure out by visiting the CA DMV website (one would hope).

I'm sure there are a few others that can chime in here. Just make sure your car runs well and has functional smog equip and you should be close to golden.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Both great replies. I was also going to say it is usually cars that run shitty or have parts in the trash that you don't really need.