Passenger door won't lock properly

--Wolf--

May 8, 2009
Chch, New Zealand
Right so today I noticed my passenger door isn't locking properly. Whenever I use the central locking switch on the drivers side door (the one that locks both) my passenger lock (the stick that sticks out of the bezel, not sure of correct name, the thing you use to manually lock/unlock it) only moves half way, rather than all the way across (to lock it)

Even my aftermarket alarm doesn't lock it all the way across and it turn means it is unlocked unless I do it manually on the passenger door. Took the bezel off and that was not stopping it moving in anyway.

Any ideas? 86.5 JDM Supra.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The arm could be bent not allowing it to lock all the way.

Door panels been off recently?

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Yeah, have the door panels been off lately? If so there is a small plastic sheath that goes over the lock wire. It has to be in the right place before you put the door panel back on. If it's off by even a little it will bind the lock motion.

Here is a pic where I circled the piece in blue.

p1584935_1.jpg

The pic is credited to JSeaman

Last edited:

stolensupra

Gotta spray to play!
Jan 2, 2010
NORTH CAROLINA- Greensboro
I had the same problem on both doors. I took the panel's off and lubricated every moving part with wd-40 I know it's not technically as good as teflon lube or something like that but I had it on hand and now no power lock problems anymore.