Part Throttle Tracking Maft-Pro, CEL

supra90mkiii

Apr 2, 2005
Racine, WI
So inorder for the car to stay in open loop, the oxygen sensor signal has to be removed from the ecu. But after doing that, you'll be running around with a check engine light on constantly... Is there any other way to make this work while keeping all the danger lights off?

Thanks,
-Alex

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
no, open loop is 75%+ throttle. there are a few other things that have some impact, but thats basically it.

part throttle is closed loop. the reason you remove the 02 sensor is so the ecu will not fight against the changes you are making.

open loop it doesnt matter. the 02 sensor is ignored.

supra90mkiii

Apr 2, 2005
Racine, WI
dbsupra90 said:
no, open loop is 75%+ throttle. there are a few other things that have some impact, but thats basically it.

part throttle is closed loop. the reason you remove the 02 sensor is so the ecu will not fight against the changes you are making.

open loop it doesnt matter. the 02 sensor is ignored.
Right, I cut the signal wire of the oxygen sensor going to the ecu so that it will stay in open loop, in order for me to do part throttle tracking with the maft-pro. I'm surprised no one has complained about the check engine light being on because of this yet.... hopefully I'm not missing something.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
I dun give a shit about the engine light,

i fukin hate that the car has to be running at idle for 5 min before PTT will be activated unless I am the one missing something.

tried running PTT but decided just to dig deep into the VE table and never went back to reactivate PTT.