parking brake hardware

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
well my shoes are gone metal to metal (would explain why it doesn't work to well)

while the rest of the brakes were being done i figured i would get the new shoes which were only $20 while the caliper and rotor was off, come to find out that one shoe was just flopping around side to side

since its setup like a drum brake i would just buy a hardware kit but there is no kit for the mkiii supra 86-92 (of course i could get everything separate from toyota) but there is a kit for the mkiv supra which seems to be the same if not very close (the shoes are the same from 86-98)

the kit is under $20 so i might just give it a try, has anyone else used a mkiv parking brake hardware kit before

Last edited:

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
as the shoes are the same, i dont think there would be much diff in hardware either. (ie the drum half of the rotor should be the same on a mk4 as the mk3. ) if not maybe a cressida might be a closer match?

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
just if you guys were wondering (i also posted in another thread) it worked for me and its working just fine

new centric shes from rockauto cost $20
mkiv hardware kit from autozone (duralast) $13